Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I think he wanted LA as much as Brooklyn all along. Stern probably diidnt want the league to look like more of joke than it is so he told Fagen to stay on the down low for a while on LA. I would bet the Pau deal was nixed to keep him in LA and also to allow Chris Paul to be in LA too. Miami and Lakers ratings will be off the charts but I wont watch one second of it.

Wasn't interested in being a Laker til he talked to Magic Johnson. Before that he wondering how can he create a legacy there when Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, etc have done what they've done there

Has anyone mentioned that the last two years of Harrington's contract are only half guaranteed? We get 3 young prospects in Eyenga, Harkless, Vucevic, and another 3-4 in 1st round picks. Not to mention a relatively low commitment in Harrington and a solid player in Afflalo. Moreover, Afflalo frees up JJ as another trade piece (especially since he's expiring). And we'll be in the mix for 2014 free agents with about 25 in committed salary. I really hope Alex Kennedy is right about Duhon being included though. Frankly, any day in which Duhon gets traded from your team is a win.

He's going to the Lakers according to the rumors! That in itself and the fact that this is over make me happy!

Hope those rumors are correct. now it just slated that JRich to 76ers and Dwight to Fakers accoring to ESPiN and Yahoo Sports: Wojo

At least we got Afflalo.

Although Dwight will win many rings in LA, after basketball he will end up broke after paying child support for 20 something kids. Then we can laugh when he is spotted under the I4 overpass wearing superman pajamas dunking a flat soccer ball into a shopping cart for change.

OK you win..post of the year! Are you Daniel Tosh?

The trade is what we needed. Starting over and getting youth and draft picks.

Stern loves the trade because it's guaranteed that only 7 teams have a shot at winning it all. Well maybe 4 now.

It just makes me laugh inside when everyone picks on baseball for not having a salary cap, but a different team seems to win it every year.

And the results of howard trade:

Lakers: Howard

Sixers: Bynum and richardson

Nuggets: Igoudala

Magic: Arron Affalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucenic and Maurice Harkless, and protected draft pick

The winner: Lakers and Denver

And the loser was: Orlando Magic

Great job GM Rob Hennigan, we wait a lot to see this stupid trade WTF r u thinking the Nets propusal its was better. im really disappointed about this, first we trade Anderson for ayun and then this, omfg

Maybe the gm wants a top 5 pick in the next draft

Cmon orlando wake up

• Upvote 1

Wasn't interested in being a Laker til he talked to Magic Johnson. Before that he wondering how can he create a legacy there when Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, etc have done what they've done there

Im sure he will do just fine. Getting away from this bozo organization makes sense.

Ummmm...guys

2ywe3k1.png

Tweeted by @NY_Sports_World, but also tweeted by @MagicMarkee, who leaked DMs with Dwight a few weeks ago, but he says this was not him. "Someone else leaked it."

Obviously, plenty are skeptical if it's legit, but here it is.

Surely, Dwight can't be this ridiculous...right?

The trade is what we needed. Starting over and getting youth and draft picks.

Stern loves the trade because it's guaranteed that only 7 teams have a shot at winning it all. Well maybe 4 now.

It just makes me laugh inside when everyone picks on baseball for not having a salary cap, but a different team seems to win it every year.

We got one "youth" whose ceiling is a slightly better Trevor Ariza and a bunch of protected draft picks while taking back guys making a lot of money

That's not how you start over

And the results of howard trade:

Lakers: Howard

Sixers: Bynum and richardson

Nuggets: Igoudala

Magic: Arron Affalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucenic and Maurice Harkless, and protected draft pick

The winner: Lakers and Denver

And the loser was: Orlando Magic

Great job GM Rob Hennigan, we wait a lot to see this stupid trade WTF r u thinking the Nets propusal its was better. im really disappointed about this, first we trade Anderson for ayun and then this, omfg

Maybe the gm wants a top 5 pick in the next draft

Cmon orlando wake up

If he wants a top 5 pick he damn sure is getting one. Amazing and quite curiously the Lakers didnt take any bad salary back to get this one to fly. Almost like Gasol going to LA.....hmmmmm.