Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I miss ball junkie too. How can we get him back?

I pretty much agree!! I think Soul said that he stepped away to be more involved with his kids. :headbang:

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @MarkTreyger718: there comes a point where no team will engage Magic in trade talks ---> They are not selling a used Honda.

If they want Dwight Howard they will realize that their offers are sh(t and they'll increase or walk away. LA needs a third team as they don't have what the Magic want. Houston could participate as could Cleveland, but Cleveland isn't willing to offer much so I don't see the deal happening.

Houston has what Orlando wants to get Howard. If they want Howard they pretty much have to trade for him.

These sports writers don't get it - who cares if they get angry that they can't get Howard for cheap. Henny is asking for offers - you don't think the Lakers know that their offer is sh(t - they know if it is. They will realize that they have to make a real offer or move on - they are doing it to themselves.

I think Henny has been pretty clear - it is the Lakers and Cleveland who are saying will you take this garbage just like the Nets did. Houston has to wait on Asik before they can make an offer to the Magic.

I don't agree with these sports writers - if Henny was being a jerk that would be different, but he is not - Lakers, Cleveland, Houston, Nets, etc. are responsible for their garbage offers. Houston may offer something, but they need more time - unless Cleveland steps up or Lakers make a bigger move - maybe a trade that includes Bynum and Gasol, the trade is likely not to include the Lakers - if Bynum and Gasol are traded - they would have to get more assets than just Dwight, but if they do they may end up getting him - if Orlando can get picks, salary cap relief and young propects.

• Upvote 1

David Aldridge's comment "a source with knowledge of Howard’s thinking said Monday that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded there, and would leave next summer to sign elsewhere", until someone can replace it with something else.

Well then he can play in Dallas, Cleveland or Atlanta then when he walks - maybe somewhere else, but the only way he goes to the Lakers is with a trade.

Houston knows that - if the Lakers want him they have to trade for him. If Howard walks after next season then Dallas comes into play as does Atlanta.

If the Lakers try to offer nothing to Houston they won't take it, but you could see a trade next year - Houston getting Bynum plus for Howard to the Lakers.

Then again Howard is close friends with Olajuwan and playing there for a season with Lin and if Houston plays well Howard may decide to stay.

WTF do you not understand that Pau is not leaving?

why are you saying you are a Magic fan when all you can talk about is the Lakers - do you think your rants make a rats ass difference? really?

if they want Howard Pau could be leaving in return for Howard and a younger prospect - I don't think he is leaving, but I don't think he has been ruled out as non-tradeable internally.

why don't you go back to the Lakers board? why are you trying to convince people on this board that Orlando should trade D12 to Lakers for garbage - no one agrees with you except any other poser Lakers fan.

If you can't be realistic about it can you go bother someone else - we don't care what you think and pretty much no one agrees with Floyd

anyone agree with Floyd or think we should trade D12 to LA for what they have offered so far - if so please chime in so Floyd can find an ally.

otherwise, Floyd, you'll find like minded people, dreamers on the Lakers forum - they want you back.

why are you saying you are a Magic fan when all you can talk about is the Lakers - do you think your rants make a rats ass difference? really?

if they want Howard Pau could be leaving in return for Howard and a younger prospect - I don't think he is leaving, but I don't think he has been ruled out as non-tradeable internally.

why don't you go back to the Lakers board? why are you trying to convince people on this board that Orlando should trade D12 to Lakers for garbage - no one agrees with you except any other poser Lakers fan.

If you can't be realistic about it can you go bother someone else - we don't care what you think and pretty much no one agrees with Floyd

anyone agree with Floyd or think we should trade D12 to LA for what they have offered so far - if so please chime in so Floyd can find an ally.

otherwise, Floyd, you'll find like minded people, dreamers on the Lakers forum - they want you back.

Who the heck is floyd? Why are you wasting your energy on him. Just ignore him.

Jameer - Ridnour - Smith

J-Rich - Redick

Turk - Q-Rich

Love - Nicholson

Big Peka - Ayon - O'Quinn

Give them Duhon & BBD as well as 12. Mmmmm yeah. Ohhh yeahhh. Mmmmmmm. Delicious

• Downvote 1

As much as i would love to have any combinations of Lamb,Parsons, and Motiejunas if have a feeling we'll only get 1 of those 3 plus KMart,Patterson,Jones/Morris, and both those 1st round picks from tor and dal then they also take a couple of bad contracts probably Davis and Duhon.

I'd be okay with that. I would prefer getting 2 of those three players (lamb,parsons,motiejunas) but i'm trying to be more realistic since they're absorbing bad contracts as well. And lets not forget that this is also a huge gamble for them.

I just want to get a deal done soon. A fair one. Then we could move on and get a clearer picture of the start of our future.

That is the most fair for both teams. It doesn't completely gut us so that we will have some nice pieces to put around Howard/Lin for the season. And if Dwight bolts, at least they didn't give up all their young studs. More importantly, we don't help out the Lakers!