Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

if so , we may know why the trade still not happen , bcz morey also know it , he won't give magic all the young guys and absorb more than 2 bad contract

If true, then that's just posturing, which is all but normal in any negotiation. The reason why the deal isn't happening yet, Morey and the Rockets would have a better idea how to maximize/utilize their salary cap once those Lin and Asik offer sheets are settled. It would determine how far they would wish to go with absorbing our player's contracts. Like i said, based on reports i've read regarding the Rockets, they wish to remain flexible enough to have room for another max player in CP3 when he becomes a UFA in 2013.

Besides, i don't see any difference with doing the deal this week or next. Unless some other team would enter the Dwight sweepstakes not named Lakers. Which is highly unlikely since Dwight still refuses to commit to another team besides Brooklyn. No other manager is brave or stupid enough to take a risk like what Houston is doing.

Honestly, if i was a manager, i wouldn't gut my team if Howard won't commit. This type of thing would haunt and possibly ruin a franchise once he decides to leave em after a year.

Dwight Howard is very close to being traded to the #Lakers, Orlando TV station reporting: sheridanhoops.com/2012/07/14/rep…

— Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) July 14, 2012

If it's going down, I see it happening this week.

I'm getting concerned with the lack of a coach as well.

I wonder how much of thee coach search is tied up in where Dwight ends up. Think about it: a team with Howard or Bynum as a centerpiece (me clever) will be vastly different and need a different kind of mind than one centered around young players and rebuilding.

With the young players, you'll want a real steady, patient coach who knows they're going to suck for a while and is willing to play then even when they screw up.

yup, what do u think the possbility for howard to stay at last minute ? not any chance this time ?

As it breaks my heart to say this.. Chances of Dwight staying with us long term is 0%. If we don't trade him this season, he's definitely walking. But we're definitely trading him very soon for sure. And right now, i say 90-95% would be with Houston.

If Dwight and his team suddenly makes an announcement, its not going to be about him staying but possibly naming a new preferred destination. I actually hope he doesn't cos i actually like what the Rockets have and expecting a very good trade for the future of our franchise!

If true, then that's just posturing, which is all but normal in any negotiation. The reason why the deal isn't happening yet, Morey and the Rockets would have a better idea how to maximize/utilize their salary cap once those Lin and Asik offer sheets are settled. It would determine how far they would wish to go with absorbing our player's contracts. Like i said, based on reports i've read regarding the Rockets, they wish to remain flexible enough to have room for another max player in CP3 when he becomes a UFA in 2013.

Besides, i don't see any difference with doing the deal this week or next. Unless some other team would enter the Dwight sweepstakes not named Lakers. Which is highly unlikely since Dwight still refuses to commit to another team besides Brooklyn. No other manager is brave or stupid enough to take a risk like what Houston is doing.

Honestly, if i was a manager, i wouldn't gut my team if Howard won't commit. This type of thing would haunt and possibly ruin a franchise once he decides to leave em after a year.

3 team trade looks complicated unless both Bynum and Gasol are part of the trade with Houston getting both - then they could give a lot to orlando

Lakers get - Howard, JRich and Duhon

Rockets - get Bynum, Gasol, and Hedo

Magic get - Parsons, Lamb, Martin, maybe one more young guy from Houston and 2 first round picks

I don't want to figure out a legal trade - so something like above

i don't believe what Chris Sheridan said, it's just the final smokescreen for houston

Sheridan is referencing Ping's story. Sad.

I would love it if Howard came out and said he would only resign with the Lakers - and the Lakers only - lets just add some more drama - then you got Bynum going to Houston and us getting some of Houston's assets.

I want Dwight to keep demanding he be traded to a team that can't outright sign him - makes for more fun.

If LA moves on he can demand the Knicks.

He could keep demanding Brooklyn, but that wouldn't be as much fun - we need a new team.

I wonder how much of thee coach search is tied up in where Dwight ends up. Think about it: a team with Howard or Bynum as a centerpiece (me clever) will be vastly different and need a different kind of mind than one centered around young players and rebuilding.

With the young players, you'll want a real steady, patient coach who knows they're going to suck for a while and is willing to play then even when they screw up.

Either way, I want a coach who is more patient and trusting in the young players.

I think the coach will be hired before Dwight (if he even is) moved.

I also wish that David Aldridge wasn't the only person who fact-checked on the stuff he reports. New rumors that turn into nothing every single day are getting really old. It's like BSPiN sits around during breaks and goes through all their previous Dwight Howard trade rumors, changes a couple players, then reports it as a "rumor" or is "imminent".

I also hate the word "imminent". It's been used so carelessly and apparently people have forgotten it's meaning as well.

Dwight Howard is very close to being traded to the #Lakers, Orlando TV station reporting: sheridanhoops.com/2012/07/14/rep…

— Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) July 14, 2012

Saw that tweet as well. I'm not biting. This report would be a tad believable if there were any ealier reports that Dwight has commited to LA.

But to give this smokescreen the slightest benefit of the doubt, it would be a 3-way deal with Houston.

Without Bynum commiting to an extension with us.. we'd just be in the same situation with a lesser center.

Saw that tweet as well. I'm not biting. This report would be a tad believable if there were any ealier reports that Dwight has commited to LA.

But to give this smokescreen the slightest benefit of the doubt, it would be a 3-way deal with Houston.

Without Bynum commiting to an extension with us.. we'd just be in the same situation with a lesser center.

agree, houston either get howard or Bynum , 90%-95% possibility