Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

According to sources the Nets would receive Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark in the proposed deal. The Magic would get Brook Lopez in a sign-and-trade, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers. The Cavs would get Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first round pick from the Nets and three million in cash. The Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks.

If only we could get MarShon, well let the rebuilding process BEGIN!!!

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider

Sources: Four-way Nets-Magic-Cavs-Clippers trade for Dwight Howard getting "close"

Proposed Nets-Magic deal: Nets would get Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon & Earl Clark.

Proposed Nets-Magic deal: Magic get Brook Lopez in S&T, Luke walton, Damian James, Sheldon Williams, Armon Johnson and 3 first round picks.

Proposed Nets-Magic deal: Magic picks would be: two 1st rd picks from Nets & a lottery protected 1st from the Clippers

Proposed Nets-Magic deal: The Cavs get Kris Humphries in a S&T, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a 1st round pick from the Nets & cash

Proposed Nets-Magic deal: Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks

So Henny is going to destroy us for the foreseeable future to get Dwight where he wants to go? Everyone said this guy is so smart but if he makes this deal he's easily the worst GM in the league.

Good god, this is going to be horrible. I wonder if we can move our team into the D-League for a year or two: at least we'd occasionally win a game there.

I don't mind the team being awful. I expected to be rebuilding. I want to do that WITHOUT Lopez, though.

According to sources the Nets would receive Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark in the proposed deal. The Magic would get Brook Lopez in a sign-and-trade, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers. The Cavs would get Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first round pick from the Nets and three million in cash. The Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks.

If only we could get MarShon, well let the rebuilding process BEGIN!!!

Perhaps you missed his 0-8, 5 TO game against Orlando's Summer League team today?

• Upvote 1

Chad Ford's reporting the deal looks like this;

Magic get: Brook Lopez in S&T, Luke Walton, Damian James, Sheldon Williams, Armon Johnson, two 1st rd picks from Nets & a lottery protected 1st from the Clippers.

Nets get: Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon & Earl Clark

Cavs get: Kris Humprhries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a 1st round pick from the Nets & cash

Clippers get: MarShon Brooks.

I really confused on why the Cavs get a pick, let alone 2 picks. Wasn't the whole point of the Nets finding a third team for Humphries was to land us another pick?