Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

A 6'8" center sounds like bad news to me.

Me too as well. No vertical to make up for the shorter height and slow footed on his lateral movement. Easy to get by him on defense. Not a shot blocker but he plays hard on every possesion. If we had ben wallace in his prime then I would be cool with an undersized center but were talking big baby and hes the opposite to wallace. Davis would be ok playing spot minutes at center but not our fulltime center. But he was very impressive in the playoffs. I wouldnt have imagined him stepping his game up like he did.

because size is everything...and the east is loaded with high quality centers. :rollseyes:

Yes it is. Look at the nuggets when the played against the Lakers Pau was owning Kenneth faried

Me too as well. No vertical to make up for the shorter height and slow footed on his lateral movement. Easy to get by him on defense. Not a shot blocker but he plays hard on every possesion. If we had ben wallace in his prime then I would be cool with an undersized center but were talking big baby and hes the opposite to wallace. Davis would be ok playing spot minutes at center but not our fulltime center. But he was very impressive in the playoffs. I wouldnt have imagined him stepping his game up like he did.

I'm not sure you've ever seen Davis play, if you're seeing people blow by him. He's a big dude, but he has very good footwork. More than once, I've seen a SG or SF draw Davis on a pick-and-roll and not be able to get by him.

Of course he's not Dwight Howard and he won't be sending everything back into people's faces, but he's not worthless on D either. Hopefully not have Dwight will force the other players on the team to actually step up and play good TEAM defense, rather than stand like a statue and funnel them in to Dwight.

Baby ain't a starting C. He's a hustling bowling ball that sometimes mimicks Shamu.

Then tell me who the hell does? Gustavo Ayon? Kyle O'Quin? Not trying to be rude but Big Baby at center wasn't too bad, and aren't we tanking anyway?

I'm not sure you've ever seen Davis play, if you're seeing people blow by him. He's a big dude, but he has very good footwork. More than once, I've seen a SG or SF draw Davis on a pick-and-roll and not be able to get by him.

Of course he's not Dwight Howard and he won't be sending everything back into people's faces, but he's not worthless on D either. Hopefully not have Dwight will force the other players on the team to actually step up and play good TEAM defense, rather than stand like a statue and funnel them in to Dwight.

You cant be serious. His foot work isnt good. Go look at the playoffs and see how many layups george hill got on him. Hes not a paint defender other than his flops. Why do you think he flops so much instead of blocking shots or altering them. He has no lift and his footwork isnt quick enough to keep players in front of him. Centers is one of the toughest positions to play. Not only do you guard your man but you have to lockdown the paint as well. Thats just too much for a guy like big baby.

I just hope henny gets us center in return for howard.

Defense win games and if we put davis at starting center then were fu##ed.

Honestly I dont want us to go in rebuild mode cause howard wants out. Who the heck wants to watch a losing team. You mix the young players with the vets and let them learn from them. Maybe some of you hope we become a lottery team. Not me. But if you put davis at center than thats what you will have.

Then tell me who the hell does? Gustavo Ayon? Kyle O'Quin? Not trying to be rude but Big Baby at center wasn't too bad, and aren't we tanking anyway?

I think they'll try to include him in a trade

Baby ain't a starting C. He's a hustling bowling ball that sometimes mimicks Shamu.

Baby averaged a double double since taking over for Dwight he averaged nearly 20pts and 10 rebounds in the last few weeks of the season you clearly do not keep up with magic games and you have no idea what your talking about Davis is a quality starting center no all star but pretty good we'll see if he can keep up the good work

There's no fooling.. Bynum IS the second best center in the league.

But it's all a moot point. You guys wouldn't be the ones getting him in any deal involving the Lakers, if a clean slate is what Hennigan is after.