Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Think of it like an Ebay auction. The auction has a 'buy it now' option for $100 (knockout deal Henny is looking for), and the auction ends when training camp starts. The Lakers offer $25 (Bynum without extension) as their max bid. The rockets then trump that by making a max bid of 95 dollars. Since the Lakers offer was only $25, the Rockets then become the leading bidder at $27 or so. If another team were to come along and offer up $75, the Rockets offer would then increase to compete with the new bid.

If the deadline comes around and the Rockets are still the leading bidders at such a low price, Hennigan will either have to accept the offer or just pull the listing. If he threatens to do that, he might be able to squeeze out more of Houston, but those tactics would only work near the start of the season, which is why we are all now playing the waiting game.

I agree with your thinking. I also think Henny has a minimum bid that he'll take and if he doesn't get it he will keep Dwight and try again in February - he may be willing to let Dwight walk if the price is too low, but I think a deal will get done.

If Houston really wants Dwight I think they need to get him before the season starts - that gives them the best opportunity to keep him with a max new contract. I think Dwight would stay there after playing in Houston for a year with Lin and max contract and Olajuwan, etc.

I think Houston can't just look at bidding 10% more - Henny doesn't like the offers and Houston needs to make a legitimate offer - not a max offer, but a real legitimate offer, which I think Morey will do and Henny will accept.

Also, I think we should make things interesting and start a pool to pick a date when Dwight gets dealt.

Winner gets MOD powers for 1 week. Banning privileges and all.

anigif_excited-ron-6869-1311881136-43.gif

August 26th at noon with a press conference scheduled at 3pm

I forgot HWNSNBU was Gilbert's agent. Do you think that's why Dwight was so high on him? It's not really the same thing, but Dwight lobbying for Arenas to get more playing time sounds like HWNSNBU's meddling.. like trying to convince Hump to take a lesser deal to get the Nets trade through. I just think he plays a lot of behind-the-scene games with his clients.

Well considering the fact that Dwight has let Dan HWNSNBU control the situation, I would have to say the evidence is clear on "YES". I would also have to take into account that Dan is a Chess player and speaks of his Agent strategy in that same way.

Knowing what I know and from the research and actions of this whole situation, I would say that Dan played the Magic for everything.

I believe the following:

Dan HWNSNBU had a plan, with his top Salary player dropping (Arenas gun problem and etc) he needed to fix that. Dan had Dwight who knew that Orlando would do anything and everything to keep Dwight. Dan also knew that Dwight was growing tired of some of the moves of the Magic. Dan played to that as well as playing Otis on the discussion that Dwight was not happy. Otis pushed the message to the top resulting in an open book signing.

At the same time Dan was in Dwights ear about what potential players would be a good fit and get Dwight a championship. Dwight then pushed that message to Otis and then Otis pushed that to the Magic. Al Harrington, VC, Arenas, Richardson being some of them, which was an intentional move on Dan Fegans part.

While all of this is going down, Dan has a back end deal with the Nets, during this whole time. Possibly setting up the Magic to fail in a major way, so that pushing Dwight to Brooklyn would be alot easier if Dwight isnt happy and if his team hasnt improved. Making it look like an a regular move that we see from time to time from and outsider perspective.

Well considering the fact that Dwight has let Dan HWNSNBU control the situation, I would have to say the evidence is clear on "YES". I would also have to take into account that Dan is a Chess player and speaks of his Agent strategy in that same way.

Knowing what I know and from the research and actions of this whole situation, I would say that Dan played the Magic for everything.

I believe the following:

Dan HWNSNBU had a plan, with his top Salary player dropping (Arenas gun problem and etc) he needed to fix that. Dan had Dwight who knew that Orlando would do anything and everything to keep Dwight. Dan also knew that Dwight was growing tired of some of the moves of the Magic. Dan played to that as well as playing Otis on the discussion that Dwight was not happy. Otis pushed the message to the top resulting in an open book signing.

At the same time Dan was in Dwights ear about what potential players would be a good fit and get Dwight a championship. Dwight then pushed that message to Otis and then Otis pushed that to the Magic. Al Harrington, VC, Arenas, Richardson being some of them, which was an intentional move on Dan Fegans part.

While all of this is going down, Dan has a back end deal with the Nets, during this whole time. Possibly setting up the Magic to fail in a major way, so that pushing Dwight to Brooklyn would be alot easier if Dwight isnt happy and if his team hasnt improved. Making it look like an a regular move that we see from time to time from and outsider perspective.

I don't know what's more troubling to me.. that agents have this kind of power in professional sports or that GM's and fans are stupid enough to treat these people like royalty. I understand keeping stars happy, but enough get's to be enough. Someone needs to start kicking these kids in the ass way before they get to the NBA, not telling them how great they are everyday starting in middle school.

• Upvote 2

As a Magic fan sitting back reading other poster's comments I have realized that I don't hate Otis Smith as others do. Just looking at most of his big money moves were all for Dwight. I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight didn't ask for most of those players we traded for or signed in free agency. However Otis took to the next level when he gave Lewis that big contract. The problem has always been Howard. Just think about it. Courtney Lee was a good player for us but at the time Otis felt like we can get a more established player in Vince Carter. He didn't know how Vince was going to disappear on us. But if we didn't take the Carter deal then we wouldn't have got Ryan Anderson.

Or what about the Carter Pietrus Gortat for Turkoglu Richardson Clark deal. I've seen videos of Howard asking for Turkoglu come back. Even though that was during the time Turk was an free agent but I seriously believe Howard was the reason Otis made that deal. Thinking he can bring Turk back to keep Howard happy and get a 20ppg scorer in Richardson because Vince failed to do.

Even the Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas deal. We all hated to see Shard go but if he didn't we would have never seen what Bass or Anderson could do given more minutes. We were weak at backup Pg and Arenas just so happens to be a combo guard with a scorer's mentality. But once again it didn't work out.

Overall it just seems like when players come to play with Howard their not the same player they used to be before the trade. Arenas was playing well with John Wall. The same with Richardson in Phoenix or Carter with New Jersey. You can say that they were on bad teams but still they were used to being scorers for their team.

Even Rashard Lewis we really didn't use his game right. Shard was more than just a spot up shooter. But every move Otis made was to appease Howard. To show him that this organization doesn't mind spending money to get him help. Maybe they spent the money on the wrong players but I'm pretty sure that Howard was behind most of the moves. And it almost looks like a kid that gets a toy. After a while that kid gets tired of that toy then wants a new toy.

I like Glen Davis but I liked Brandon Bass even more. I still feel like we let the best player go in that deal. But that was also for Howard. Even though YBR denies Howard not including him on the list, which we all heard the same players on his list which DID include Big Baby.

Even though Otis made some dumb boneheaded moves that we all didn't understand and still don't understand, I just think the whole reason for EVERY move was because Howard wanted them players here and now he doesn't want to play with them anymore. JUST LIKE A KID.

HOWARD IS THE PROBLEM AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE PROBLEM. TRADE HIS AZZ NOW.

Edited by Captain Hi-Top
Language
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As a Magic fan sitting back reading other poster's comments I have realized that I don't hate Otis Smith as others do..

Otis put together a team that was good enough (I think) to win the Finals, until 'Meer got hurt. At that point, he even pulled off a fantastic trade to help keep us in contention and get us into the Finals without our injured floor general. Sure, he made some head scratchers along the way, but at that point, all could have been forgiven.

Not re-signing Hedo was a good move. Trading for Carter wasn't a bad move, it was reasonable in terms of taking another swing at the finals, it just didn't pay off.

However, trading to re-acquire Hedo (and the rest of that Magic-Suns deal), and sending out 'Shard and his bad contract for a useless Arenas on an even worse deal were completely horrible moves that killed any shot we had at seriously reloading around Howard and continuing to fight for a title.

• Upvote 1

Otis put together a team that was good enough (I think) to win the Finals, until 'Meer got hurt. At that point, he even pulled off a fantastic trade to help keep us in contention and get us into the Finals without our injured floor general. Sure, he made some head scratchers along the way, but at that point, all could have been forgiven.

Not re-signing Hedo was a good move. Trading for Carter wasn't a bad move, it was reasonable in terms of taking another swing at the finals, it just didn't pay off.

However, trading to re-acquire Hedo (and the rest of that Magic-Suns deal), and sending out 'Shard and his bad contract for a useless Arenas on an even worse deal were completely horrible moves that killed any shot we had at seriously reloading around Howard and continuing to fight for a title.

Don't forget to mention re-signing J-Rich for 3 more years!!

Don't forget to mention re-signing J-Rich for 3 more years!!

I look at that two ways. One, if he had not traded for him in the first place, he wouldn't have been able to re-sign him. Second, he still has some value, unlike an overpaid/declining Hedo.

Taking both of those into account, the re-signing isn't as bad as the original trade. Not a great move, but yes, worth mentioning in the great "Otis is an idiot" debate.

Lunch time.

I'm starving for some more BS.

Source

@Pinocchio'sNose:Dwight Howard about to be traded to Minnesota for Love and Rubio and expirings.Also so Dwight can freeze his HWNSNBU in Minnesota in the winter.

Im starving for real news,this silence is killing me.