Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

I do still like the Houston trade though since that would get rid of some of our crap right away.

The Houston deal is a good deal, that will accomplish just as much, if they add 2 of the 1st round picks that Henny wanted without question. I think that they only wanted to send 1, along with other fillers, but I could be mistaken!!

So, it seems quite obvious that there is no way Dwight will have some sort of "revelation", or what have you, and sign an extension. I, for whatever reason, still held onto an ever-so-slight sliver of hope for that in the back of my mind. Looking back, I guess it was naive of me.

Silly me.

I have never seen one superstar throw out so many demands to an organization in my life. This is a business, right? So, in this scenario, a guy is telling his employer where he wants to go. Not once...but a gajillion times. What in the world.

I've been ready to deal this guy and move on for awhile now. I'm ready for a drama-free, basketball-filled season. Even if the team wins 20 games, I just want a team that WANTS to play in Orlando and gives their best 82 times this season.

However, tonight I became embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that this man, at one point in time, represented this city and organization. I'm embarrassed he was once my favorite player. I'm embarrassed that I blew who knows how much money on jerseys, shirts, and memorabilia featuring this douche.

I think it's pretty easy to figure out why I'm embarrassed about all of this stuff. I'm embarrassed of Dwight because Dwight embarrassed us. Money-hungry, power-hungry, fame-hungry, status-hungry...whatever. You've made us the laughing stock in American sports for nearly a year now.

Get your filthy self out of my city. I'm through with you.

I'm right there with you in this.

The Houston deal is a good deal, that will accomplish just as much, if they add 2 of the 1st round picks that Henny wanted without question. I think that they only wanted to send 1, along with other fillers, but I could be mistaken!!

As long as a trade gets rid of some of our crap and brings in a combo of youth, expirings and pick, I am all for it.

However, if it comes down to keeping Howard or getting only Bynum in a trade, I would hope the Magic just keep him and sit. I would have to go on a long vacation from this forum and ESPN if we got only Bynum because to me that trade would make no sense.

No, it is.

1. Phoenix trade

2. Gilbert Arenas trade

3. Signing Duhon

4. Re-signing J-Rich

I honestly think the nail in the coffin was giving in to reshard and signing him to that extra 6th year. dont know if otis was responsible for this or not but that lead to all of those other moves. if he would've just signed for 5, we'd have him and dwight off the books this summer and even if otis had added another turrible contract, we could've amestied that one instead. probably wouldn't have led to the desperate pho trade either.

Dwight is the TO of the NBA.

At this point if all these rumors are true of how Howard handled this past meeting, then I would tell him to think about world travel, because not only are you not being traded, but you won't even see the court.

Then let's see how he is after sitting for year, waisting one of his prime yrs.

However, if it comes down to keeping Howard or getting only Bynum in a trade, I would hope the Magic just keep him and sit. I would have to go on a long vacation from this forum and ESPN if we got only Bynum because to me that trade would make no sense.

That may be the plan going forward! Keep him here to face the music and let him walk at the end of the year with cap space galore! The only thing that would hurt would be the circus of media discussing "where will he be next season" etc,etc,etc! That I/we could all do without!!!

However, I think Henny should take the deal with Houston, as the best offer, parting with crap contracts and bringing in youth and talent! Bynum is a good player but he is hurt far to often every season for a rebuilding organization, so we are better served with our own brand of players (rookies) post Dwight Howard!!

question for the knowledgeable: for the purpose of improving our possibilities of a high first round pick, is it doable to sit HIM? I mean, couldn't it work against us? cause if it doesn't, heck! I would be all for it ... I think it would be a hard slap on that childish, silly face of HIS ... kiss-off ...

• Upvote 1

Dwight is the TO of the NBA.

At this point if all these rumors are true of how Howard handled this past meeting, then I would tell him to think about world travel, because not only are you not being traded, but you won't even see the court.

Then let's see how he is after sitting for year, waisting one of his prime yrs.

I'm out of +1s, but I would totally use one on this post right here!

question for the knowledgeable: for the purpose of improving our possibilities of a high first round pick, is it doable to sit HIM? I mean, couldn't it work against us? cause if it doesn't, heck! I would be all for it ... I think it would be a hard slap on that childish, silly face of HIS ... kiss-off ...

Its doable and we would probably get an award from small market owners who are sick of stars dictating where they want to go but I couldnt see Orlando doing something like this. It takes us down to 12s level in immaturity.

There is nothing in the NBA rules that says we have to play him, but do you really think that's realistic? It would be a circus, he'd start refusing to come to the arena, he would be fined, and the media would work it up into a frenzy. It would be pretty hilarious to watch him get booed at every intro then have to take a seat on the bench for 2 and a half hours, but I don't see it happening. We'd look pretty petty for doing it; it would be better to take the high road and not stoop to Dwight's childish level.

Its doable and we would probably get an award from small market owners who are sick of stars dictating where they want to go but I couldnt see Orlando doing something like this. It takes us down to 12s level in immaturity.

yeah ... I could see that, if done out of spite ... but, what if the reason for it is the lack of serious, reasonable offers, caused by his undermining of the process? would it be lowering ourselves to HIS immaturity level? I mean, nobody has to accept an unreasonable deal for HIM ... if the choices are to make a bad deal or no deal, I would choose the latter ... but that's just me ...

• Upvote 1

There is nothing in the NBA rules that says we have to play him, but do you really think that's realistic? It would be a circus, he'd start refusing to come to the arena, he would be fined, and the media would work it up into a frenzy. It would be pretty hilarious to watch him get booed at every intro then have to take a seat on the bench for 2 and a half hours, but I don't see it happening. We'd look pretty petty for doing it; it would be better to take the high road and not stoop to Dwight's childish level.

you're probably right ... but, what if his minutes are shortened? getting playing time when it really isn't meaningful? it'd probably be the same, huh? I think he deserves it though ... he who sows winds can only harvest storms ...

• Upvote 1