Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Youre right, no one is. Chris Paul hasnt even been to ONE Finals. Putting together a championship team is difficult, but when he sees a rival like LeBron go to the Finals 3 times in 5 years thats where the frustration comes from. For all the money our owners have we have not put a championship team out on the floor maybe besides the 2009 squad. Only reason were really even a playoff team every year is because of Howard. Last years team only had one defender in the starting lineup and only one guy that could attack the basket??

This is dead on that i will give you all my rep i can today

Putting together a championship team is difficult, but when he sees a rival like LeBron go to the Finals 3 times in 5 years thats where the frustration comes from. For all the money our owners have we have not put a championship team out on the floor maybe besides the 2009 squad. Only reason were really even a playoff team every year is because of Howard. Last years team only had one defender in the starting lineup and only one guy that could attack the basket??

Well I suppose that answers the other question of Dwight being a Leader or Follower.

Honestly it doesn't matter about how he views his rivals now, because the 3 All Star building blue print is being altered under the new CBA. It's about to become history and for good reasons.

The rest of it is not on Dwight, and I have expressed that forever with my Fire Otis posts.

Agreed.

SVG is a smart guy, but this wasn't a smart move what so ever. I would of fired him as well.

When you don't like a situation, you leave. It's that simple.

Thats stan problem he says what he wants and doesnt care about the outcome. His brother is the same way. But I actually liked that about stan. Hes gonna give it to you straight. Unfortunetly it cost him his job. But that was part of the reason.

right, do you honestly think in his heart he 'wants' to leave?

Nah he wasnt, Big Baby was a guy they brought up to him about acquiring and he was ok with it, but it wasnt one of the guys he had mentioned

Big baby was on the list dwight gave during an interview.....I think he was in russia or something? Anthony morrow was on there as well and I remember thinking.....glen davis....anthony morrow.....marshon brooks....championship?

I seriously think if we some how got ellis or gay howard would **** and just play. We need a scorer badly and howard shouldnt be a 1st option on this or any team.

It would be ludicrous to base personnel decisions solely on the whims of your star player. Just because Dwight "likes" a certain player or players does not mean those players are a good fit for the team. Dwight may like Monta Ellis, but Ellis is strictly a high-volume chucker. Two months in, Dwight would be frustrated playing with Ellis and then what? We trade him for the next player Dwight "likes?" Unless Dwight tells Hennigan that he wants to play with Chris Paul, he should just stick to playing and let the actual GM make personnel decisions.

Chris Paul is one of those guys, although he's not a FA. Point is he just wants them to bring in players, whether theyre on his list or not, that will help him get this team and city back to the Finals. Monta's a chucker no doubt, but we all know he's not scared to attack the rim

What I don't get, YBR, is how can you be SO certain that he's telling you the truth? I mean, you don't personally know the guy ... don't know about you guys but, I have even surprised myself on how did I act or react at certain times in my life ... sometimes even doing things I never knew I could or would ... so, how is it you're SO certain of what is going through DH's mind? there's a lot of people out there that don't even know what they really wand or need ...

When a person trust you they have no point to lie to you. Obviously he trusts me because he talk about more than the Magic...so in turn I trust he's not lying about how he feels to me

Still, it was a thing of beauty!

It was great TV that would have made Vince McMahon proud!

Too bad this is not Wrestlemania but instead our already butt hurt star player we were trying to convince to stay....

Stan basically poured gasoline on the fire on the way out. He would have been fired regardless. The question is does Dwight believe in the new regime. I say no simply because there is not much to be done with our current roster.

Shame Otis really put us in this position. If we simply do not make the trades back in December of 2010 this team is flush with cap space right now and next season.