Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

He hasnt come out to deny any rumor whether theyre true or false. Rob knows what Dwight's thinking. He meant to opt in but he was upset about the Magic not standing up for him after what Stan said back in April

I never asked you to believe me, whoever you are

What I don't get, YBR, is how can you be SO certain that he's telling you the truth? I mean, you don't personally know the guy ... don't know about you guys but, I have even surprised myself on how did I act or react at certain times in my life ... sometimes even doing things I never knew I could or would ... so, how is it you're SO certain of what is going through DH's mind? there's a lot of people out there that don't even know what they really wand or need ...

It would be ludicrous to base personnel decisions solely on the whims of your star player. Just because Dwight "likes" a certain player or players does not mean those players are a good fit for the team. Dwight may like Monta Ellis, but Ellis is strictly a high-volume chucker. Two months in, Dwight would be frustrated playing with Ellis and then what? We trade him for the next player Dwight "likes?" Unless Dwight tells Hennigan that he wants to play with Chris Paul, he should just stick to playing and let the actual GM make personnel decisions.

I guess as a fan, I just want this to end, either we get him help, or trade him...

not stuck in the middle with no movement and still have the same roster that ain't going no where

u hit a home run or rebuild... that is it, make up your mind Rob

• Upvote 1

he should just stick to playing and let the actual GM make personnel decisions.

That is just crazy talk!

I always wondered how would our team look if howard wasnt the first option on offense.

I can see if we had hakeem olajuwon but with dwight our team will go as far as he takes them.

Thats why I think svg was fired. Not using players correctly. Shard couldve did more then just spot up for 3s.

We could actually put a decent package together of rookies, picks, JRich, JJ, BBD, and/ or Turk's buyout next year for a star player like Ellis. The thing is without a commitment from Dwight BEFORE such a trade it would be too big of a risk and jeopardize our future cap room.

Dwight is the key to getting out of the cap hell that Otis put us in... and unless he commits soon to building with us we have to use that key and build without him.

Gonna have to stop you right there. What Dwight tells YBR =/= What Dwight might actually be thinking. I don't think anyone on here is doubting that Dwight, for whatever reason, texts YBR. What we doubt is that Dwight is telling YBR the absolute truth. Dwight could just be trolling the guy for fun (and yes, that would be totally fun), or just says whatever he thinks YBR wants to hear to get him to leave him alone so he can get back to counting his stacks of cash...

LOL we dont just talk basketball

It would be ludicrous to base personnel decisions solely on the whims of your star player. Just because Dwight "likes" a certain player or players does not mean those players are a good fit for the team. Dwight may like Monta Ellis, but Ellis is strictly a high-volume chucker. Two months in, Dwight would be frustrated playing with Ellis and then what? We trade him for the next player Dwight "likes?" Unless Dwight tells Hennigan that he wants to play with Chris Paul, he should just stick to playing and let the actual GM make personnel decisions.

This is really what I'm worried about.

Let's say that we somehow swung a miracle trade and brought in Smith or Ellis and then Dwight discovered that playing with them wasn't quite as awesome as he pictured. I'm sure Dwight would once again throw the Magic under the bus and check out at the end of the year and...?

We'd be stuck with whomever Dwight had us sign. Ellis or Smith ever win a championship? On their own? Nope.

And we'd be stuck with them.

We could actually put a decent package together of rookies, picks, JRich, JJ, BBD, and/ or Turk's buyout next year for a star player like Ellis. The thing is without a commitment from Dwight BEFORE such a trade it would be too big of a risk and jeopardize our future cap room.

Dwight is the key to getting out of the cap hell that Otis put us in... and unless he commits soon to building with us we have to use that key and build without him.

If we really want to keep dwight then the gamble should be on us. Risky yeah but as long as we land howard by making the first move then it will work out.

Look at brooklyn d Will was gonna sign with dallas until they traded for johnson. That was the move that d will needed to make his decision. We might have to make similar move.

• Upvote 1

If we really want to keep dwight then the gamble should be on us. Risky yeah but as long as we land howard by making the first move then it will work out.

Look at brooklyn d Will was gonna sign with dallas until they traded for johnson. That was the move that d will needed to make his decision. We might have to make similar move.

I'd rather have this core of players...

PF-Nicolson

SF-Parsons

SG-Lamb

Then spend big money on a Center or PG in 2 years

cause next year or two if we hit the lottery... we gonna be very promising

• Upvote 1

When is he going to make the statement you said he would? When you said Otis is "partially" responsible for the disaster you were being very kind...Id say nearly entirely responsible. Unless you want to blame the owners for letting him go ape $hit with his stupidity.

He's not going to make it. He was going to talk about the messages in that screenshot that was released last week but decided not to. And yeah I blame owner as well for giving Otis the green light to do whatever he wants with their money

What does 'convince him to stay' mean? He already said he won't sign an extension with any team(which makes sense considering he makes more guaranteed money if he becomes a free agent first). I don't see the front office/ownership taking him at his word that he'll re-up next offseason in the event we get him someone on his wishlist.

Theyll figure that part out after/if Rob sells him on his moves

• Upvote 1

Getting someone like Ellis would be ideal if for nothing more than to clear cap. 12 and Ellis are both on last year deals. We wouldnt be getting the wonderful picks or young players but we would have more cap sapce.

And two of those three stuck it out with their original teams.

right, do you honestly think in his heart he 'wants' to leave?

Last summer he was

Nah he wasnt, Big Baby was a guy they brought up to him about acquiring and he was ok with it, but it wasnt one of the guys he had mentioned

• Upvote 1