Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

yah, but before nelson signed, he came out and said he still talks to d12... just wondering if ybr knows anything about tha

Link or it didn't happen.

• Downvote 1

This is one source telling us this, and I know for a FACT Rudolph is Kennedys source. Just so everyone realizes this.

Having said that, I think this is more "Hey, you're getting dealt within the next few weeks and Rich wanted me to come by and say peace and ask you one last time if ORL is an option" and not "I have a Joe Johnson trade ready" or what some others have suggested. The only guy I could possibly see us dealing for is Josh Smith which I think would be dumb though he is expiring and I wouldn't have the slightest idea why Atlanta would or what they'd possibly want from us. We have nothing to offer teams outside of Baby and MAYBE a contender willing to take J-Rich in hopes he regains some mojo.

But yeah, I still think he is dealt. If not in the offseason, only because Old Man Devos can't let his adopted son go. Which is said, but I get it, in a way. Not really. But ok.

• Upvote 2

This is one source telling us this, and I know for a FACT Rudolph is Kennedys source. Just so everyone realizes this.

I know for a fact that you don't know this for a fact. But having said that, it would make sense since Rudolph previously worked for Kyler and now Kennedy works for Kyler.

what's his relationship with nelson? I've heard nelson said they are still friends...

so if we get ellis... he will stay?

Im not sure the relationship they have, adding Ellis would help, actions not words lol

Can you stop trying to defend D-12? Hennigan personally came out that he would trade D-12 before the training camp, and now he wants D-12 to stay? Tha Heck. It seems out of desperation. D-12 is going to say the same thing he doesn't want to stay, they tricked him into opting in. Why do you think he's so pist?

Im not defending him, just telling how he looks at it. If Dwight was dead set on leaving Rob would have traded him to Houston weeks ago. The fact that he and Rob have been talking constanly these last 3 weeks should let people know that Orlando's preference is to keep him rather than trade him.

And they didnt trick him into opting in, he slept on it and decided to opt in the next day. You guys believe everything you hear and read in the media

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think everyones ready for this to be over with one way or another. Its been a crazy year for fans, players, the organization and the city of Orlando. Who knows if Rob will be able to repair it but Dwight knows Hennigan wasnt there last season which is why he's still listening. Despite Dwights trade requests he's wanted to stay here and win, just feels he cant win a ring here (which we can partially blame on Otis Smith.) That being said if Rob can convince about moves he can make he'll more than likely rescind the trade request. As in signing an extension that would be something him and Rob would have to discuss

I think Dwight's being a bit disingenuous in this whole thing. I think Rob could come back with a trade that would land every player on Dwight's wishlist and it wouldn't be enough. With the pieces we have this offseason, there's not a lot Rob can do. While a ton of salary comes off the books for next season, the only movable asset of any value we have right now is...Dwight Howard.

And I'm sure he knows this.

This feels like callous spin-control by HWNSNBU/Dwight. If I were Rob, I'd just tell Dwight to go along with the Rockets trade and whatever he wanted to do after next season was his problem. I don't see anything Rob could say that would convince Dwight to stay after all that Dwight's said and leaked in the last year.

• Downvote 1

Im not sure the relationship they have, adding Ellis would help, actions not words lol

Im not defending him, just telling how he looks at it. If Dwight was dead set on leaving Rob would have traded him to Houston weeks ago. The fact that he and Rob have been talking constanly these last 3 weeks should let people know that Orlando's preference is to keep him rather than trade him.

And they didnt trick him into opting in, he slept on it and decided to opt in the next day. You guys believe everything you hear and read in the media

Well Dwight could have come out and said the reports of him saying he was duped into waiving his ETO were false. He didn't do that though, he just said he never used the word blackmail(he probably used the word extortion).

My thing is waiting even until the deadline doesn't help the tanking process/draft position cause.

We keep him from day one if he extends or has done sort of legal promise if that's possible. We can't go on word or anything else.

I just want this idiot gone. This relationship is too strained IMO but jjgator knows best.

I agree. Anytime any relationship reaches this point, its time to move on. Dwight has said, and done, too much at this point.

Not to mention that Otis has left us with some baggage, in the form of garbage contracts. It only make sense to move Dwight out, along with the garbage, and start over. Learn a lesson, and move forward.

So instead of believing everything we hear and read in the media, we should believe everything we hear and read from a random dude who is text buddies with Dwight on an anonymous forum???

Yeah, right onnnn