Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Am sure Dwight will either end up with LA by a three team deal with LA/HOU/ORL, or LA/ORL.

Houston will not be giving up everything to land D-12 just for a one year rental without a commitment to sign a deal once he is a free agent.

It seems the Magic are losing leverage everyday that passes by. This will probably not get resolved until probably Monday, and as for Osik the Houston have already presented to the Magic what there offers are going to be possibly if Osik comes to Houston, or if Chicago decides to sign.

We're not losing leverage. Patience? Yes. Leverage, no. We have the asset.

@YBR:

Dwight opted in because he wanted to save his image (at the last hour) with the Magic given more so then getting trade to a team like Houston or Lakers then bolting to BK Nets in off season!

Notice how quickly Dwight changed his tune when the trade deadline approach last year :lol: ...IMO his agent didn't care if he got traded to another team as long as he got to BK Nets in 2012 off season (D12 and his camp had this plan mapped out). But ultimately, Dwight thought differently as he believed in our management again, that's why he mentioned "loyalty".

After he opted in he was cool with front office until the SVG mess then what made matters worse he had surgery and he claimed management did not see him as much...as he viewed it felt betrayed by the franchise and in the back of his mind he knew he gave BK Nets free agency up at the expense of broken promises by Orlando Magic front office.

It's been a tug of war for Dwight...Does that make sense?

• Downvote 1

I also think that part of Dwight's decision to stay at the trade deadline is that he didn't want to miss the playoffs. He knew that even with him there, the Nets weren't going to make the playoffs that late in the season, and he wanted to have one last playoff run with the Magic.

I see a lot of complaining that something hasn't happened yet. If you think about it, by involving the Lakers you are creating a larger list of teams that can be worked with. Has Bynum come out and said that he will only resign with Brooklyn? No, so if you are working with LA you open yourself up to teams that would be willing to part with assets to get Bynum. I would also add that those of you that feel the longer this goes on the greater the chance we get less for Dwight are not thinking this through. If Houston really wants him what happens if we start working with LA or other teams in 3 way deals? They have to adjust to make their offer more attractive. The same thing happens if LA really wants him, or some other team really wants Bynum. Just because some idiot with a Twitter account says something doesn't make it a fact.

Logical thought has no place in this discussion. I listened to Brousard tell me on the radio this morning how the Nets was still possible. How exactly does that work? We rejected the pieces they offerred. They paid them a bunch of moeny... so now we should want them? Logic is out the window in these discussions.

I see a lot of complaining that something hasn't happened yet. If you think about it, by involving the Lakers you are creating a larger list of teams that can be worked with. Has Bynum come out and said that he will only resign with Brooklyn? No, so if you are working with LA you open yourself up to teams that would be willing to part with assets to get Bynum. I would also add that those of you that feel the longer this goes on the greater the chance we get less for Dwight are not thinking this through. If Houston really wants him what happens if we start working with LA or other teams in 3 way deals? They have to adjust to make their offer more attractive. The same thing happens if LA really wants him, or some other team really wants Bynum. Just because some idiot with a Twitter account says something doesn't make it a fact.

Logical thought has no place in this discussion. I listened to Brousard tell me on the radio this morning how the Nets was still possible. How exactly does that work? We rejected the pieces they offerred. They paid them a bunch of moeny... so now we should want them? Logic is out the window in these discussions.

Given the chance, posters like Marc Acres and others are quite capable of bringing some much needed logic - and maybe even some righteous anger - back to this discussion.

@YBR:

Dwight opted in because he wanted to save his image (at the last hour) with the Magic given more so then getting trade to a team like Houston or Lakers then bolting to BK Nets in off season!

It makes sense that he needs to grow up and stop being a baby. If his ego is that fragile how does he ever expect to win a championship when all the pressure in the world is on him. I'm finally starting to understand why he can't make free throws in game situations.

I got some news for Mr. Howard welcome to the real world. Time to be an adult. Play like one, act like one, and carry yourself like one.

Notice how quickly Dwight changed his tune when the trade deadline approach last year :lol: ...IMO his agent didn't care if he got traded to another team as long as he got to BK Nets in 2012 off season (D12 and his camp had this plan mapped out). But ultimately, Dwight thought differently as he believed in our management again, that's why he mentioned "loyalty".

After he opted in he was cool with front office until the SVG mess then what made matters worse he had surgery and he claimed management did not see him as much...as he viewed it felt betrayed by the franchise and in the back of his mind he knew he gave BK Nets free agency up at the expense of broken promises by Orlando Magic front office.

It's been a tug of war for Dwight...Does that make sense?

Sorry, aded everything in reply- iPhone makes thing difficulty occasionally

It makes sense that he needs to grow up and stop being a baby. If his ego is that fragile how does he ever expect to win a championship when all the pressure in the world is on him. I'm finally starting to understand why he can't make free throws in game situations.

I got some news for Mr. Howard welcome to the real world. Time to be an adult. Play like one, act like one, and carry yourself like one.

I always thought "want a cookie?" was a dumb expression. Of course I want a cookie! What kind of morally degenerate communist doesn't want a cookie?

Didn't Bill Burr have a joke that went something like that?(or a dude asked him if he wanted a cookie, but he didn't want to say yes because he was a grown man).

Given the chance, posters like Marc Acres and others are quite capable of bringing some much needed logic - and maybe even some righteous anger - back to this discussion.

But that's the beauty... I completely agree with Acres... but we wouldn't have over 1200 pages to read if everyone else agreed. Sit back and watch the insanity.

I also think that part of Dwight's decision to stay at the trade deadline is that he didn't want to miss the playoffs. He knew that even with him there, the Nets weren't going to make the playoffs that late in the season, and he wanted to have one last playoff run with the Magic.

So much for that.

Didn't he get a fat bonus from Adidas for making the playoffs?