Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

If I'm correct, Hill also told the Magic not to trade him and his massive expiring contract at the deadline years ago because he wanted to stay in Orlando. He then proceeded to take less money from Phoenix and bolt in the offseason because he wanted to win. Which is funny because as soon as he left, the Magic turned into championship contenders.

from what I heard, Otis didn't want Grant back because he wanted Dwight to step up as the leader. The biggest voices in the locker room were Grant, Dooling, Battie, and Otis traded them all to force Dwight to step into that role; to become that voice.

I have no ill feelings towards Grant.

Negative rep for putting Grant Hill on there. He shouldn't be anywhere on that list, and it embarrasses me as a Magic fan how this fanbase has responded to his departure from the team.

On the flip side, Hill's contract saddled us with cap hell for a player who almost never played for us. Then, as soon as he was healthy, he left for another team. So basically he used the Magic as a rehab spot.

Not as bad as Shaq and his never-ending stream of hate for the Magic, but almost as bad because he and McGrady would have made a pretty good pairing.

• Upvote 1

All of that is true however, everyone seems to forget that by going against what the team was asking him to do he managed to prevent us from getting an injury exception that we could have used to get some help. After all of the loyalty shown by the team and the fans through the better part of a decade of dissapointment he wasted no time in jumping ship for far less money just when he could have actually helped us. I would also add that he jumped ship without requesting a sign and trade so that the team that paid him 96 million for about 5 games could get SOMETHING, ANYTHING, for him.

I don't hate Grant, I don't even dislike him on the level with those other guys but he isn't as squeeky clean as the media make him out to be.

Couldn't have said it better. I don't hate Grant either, disappointed would be a better word.

• Downvote 3

Where are the Lamb experts on here who said he would not be good? Now we have Rox fans saying they would not trade him for Dwight.

:panicworker:

Where are the Lamb experts on here who said he would not be good? Now we have Rox fans saying they would not trade him for Dwight.

Terence Morris avg. like 30ppg in SL one year. However, I will say that Lamb looks very good in his own game right now. Confident and very sure of himself. Lamb looks like the love child of Gerald Green and Jamaal Crawford when he's in his zone.

Catman, heard anything on the offer from the Rox to the magic? I'm reading a lot is in limbo right now bc of Lin/Asik....

They can keep Lamb. Send me Martin, Parsons, Jones, Motiejunas (I know he can't be traded now, but make the trade staright up for Duhon), Tor#1, Dal #1 and take Dwight, Baby and Duhon.

Flip Martin now for assets.

Hope JRich reestablishes some value as the #1 scoring option on this team and then try to ditch him at the deadline. Let Hedo play out the year and then offer him a very lucrative front office gig if he retires. If he balks, simply buy him out.