Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

He said today his heart and soul is still in orlando but he feels they played him and he's not sure if this organzation is serious about getting a ring over making money

He is really reaching. I don't know how he can say that with a straight face with the amount of money they have spent the last few years. Spending money, even if it is because of poor decisions, is still spending money and not being cheap.

so, I'm really reaching here but does anyone think this might have to do with retaining Dwight? We need someone who doesn't scream and yell and who will coddle him? I know I know, hyperbolizing. Just had gears turning there and wondered to myself.

Or patient during a rebuild makes more sense.

People keep blaming feagan for this. He does what Dwight wants him to do. If anyone it is his hangers on and "friends" who think mooching off him on new York would be more fun than doing it here .

so, I'm really reaching here but does anyone think this might have to do with retaining Dwight? We need someone who doesn't scream and yell and who will coddle him? I know I know, hyperbolizing. Just had gears turning there and wondered to myself.

I think the team is just looking to totally change it's image. Otis was very rash, kind of a gun slinger when it came to GMing; he just spent money on whatever, made whatever trade was proposed; no patience at all. Hennigan is definitely a more collected, patient GM as evidenced by the coaching search and the Howard fiasco. Remember, Otis tried to trade Dwight for Lopez last year. Rob was having none of that.

Stan yelled and screamed and seemed quick to pull the trigger on guys that weren't in his main core. If we're looking for a more patient coach, it just seems to go with the whole image change as a whole.

No it means your gm is collosally stupid....nothing more.

Regardless the owner obviously gave the okay to let him walk and continue to pay him. My point was his signing/amnesty was not a money decision thats for sure.

He said today his heart and soul is still in orlando but he feels they played him and he's not sure if this organzation is serious about getting a ring over making money

The way I see it is the other way around. Nobody thinks that this organization is all about money. Why you pay luxury tax every year?

Now, in the other hand; HWNSNBU and Dwight are looking for ways to make more money. Looking for a "bigger market" and exposure. He don't care about loyalty. All he and HWNSNBU cares is about making the most money. If he really want to win, why dont go to Chicago, San Antonio, Miami, LA or OKC? But Brookin? Brooklin?? WTF.

Don't let him fool you. You seem smarter than that.

• Upvote 1

Right, because Rich DeVos needs even more billion of dollars? The entire Orlando Magic team is a gift from him to our city. He knows there's no profit to be made.

I can understand his frustration with our management and ownership. They were total bafoons however his agent is in charge of his image and that has been equally and astronomically bad at preserving his image let alone improving it. It would also seem HWNSNBU is more concerned about his money than Dwights well being.Im sure HWNSNBU wont let Dwight get a breath in without his approval since the last time he did Dwight followed his heart and opted in against what was surely not Fegans advice. It seems Dwight just attracts that type of people. The one thing I can say is the Magic have made changes HWNSNBU has not. He is still performing in Otis Smith fashion as his agent. He would be better off breaking away regardless of which direction he goes.

But he was sure that Brooklyn the team that just took an over paid JJ, resigned Brook for an absurd contract, and tossed away a top 5 pick for a chronically injured player on the wrong side of 30 was serious about getting a ring? How has he not been taken for every last cent he has to his name by now? I guess I just have a very different idea of what it means to take steps to become a serious competitor vs throwing money around in a desparate attempt to fill seats in a new building in a large market.

Regardless the owner obviously gave the okay to let him walk and continue to pay him. My point was his signing/amnesty was not a money decision thats for sure.

Absolutely not...Ownership has been many awful things...cheap however isnt one of them. Totally agree.