Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

Aldridge touched on this; Scola takes up a lot of cap space in a rebuilding effort and is on the wrong side of 30. Dave even said, he makes LESS sense if they don't get Howard.

There's a salary floor, the Rockets need to pay someone.

I agree the real deal with Houston is somewhere in the middle. I didn't believe the Houston deal that ESPN reported, I mean come on, that had 0 chance of being real. When was the last time a team traded 7 players plus picks just to get 1 guy on their team? Just wasn't even believable to me.

I would imagine the real deal is probably in the middle. Probably 2 picks, Lamb + White, and K-Mart while taking 2 of our 3 bad contracts back.

I personally don't feel like Baby is a "bad" contract. The guy proved he can put up very solid numbers when Dwight was out plus he has versatility being able to play the 4 and 5. Yes he has his "why did he shoot that?" moments, but he can produce and 6.5 mil per year isn't near as crazy as Otis' other contracts.

If HOU will take Dudu and Jrich that's good enough.

• Upvote 1

Better now than it was a month ago, but I believe Rob wants a commitment from him inside the next 2 weeks

I wonder if their will be a coach hired before Rob ask Dwight?

Aldridge touched on this; Scola takes up a lot of cap space in a rebuilding effort and is on the wrong side of 30. Dave even said, he makes LESS sense if they don't get Howard.

Not only that but during the rockets game today they interviewed Morey and he was talking about how Scola was the heart and soul of the team. Why dump a guy like that unless your taking big money back?

What good is that he could and probably will change his mind.

I'm sure he would have to sign the extension (if it's still possible)

You guys holding on to that last gasp of hope that he might stay will be extremely disappointed when rob finally pulls the trigger.

Just like I didn't believe the proposed deal last night, I don't believe tonight's either. Houston was willing to trade all 3 picks and more on draft night, why would they all of a sudden only be willing to trade 1 now? The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Yap - totally agree. No way would the Rockets offer that with a straight face. Like all things bad in the world, that rumor's probably coming from HWNSNBU.

HWNSNBU used to rape smurfs before he became an agent: dude's seriously evil.

• Upvote 2

Not only that but during the rockets game today they interviewed Morey and he was talking about how Scola was the heart and soul of the team. Why dump a guy like that unless your taking big money back?

Because you just drafted 2 power forwards and have 2 others under the age of 24? It's why, if we planned on flooring out, I don't believe we would've brought Nelson back.

Hi everyone, while he still has a choice to sign an extension he will be traded. He has been asked multiple times if he wants to stay and he has said no. So far the team has gotten a lot of offers from a few teams but the most likely to acquire Dwight are Houston and Atlanta. But honestly looking at the scenarios Houston has a lot of chips to offer the Magic and are willing to take away bad contracts and help us rebuild. First we need to wait for the Knicks to match Jeremy Lin contract which they will then the Asik offer will be matched and the Korver move clears the necessary money to match the offer. So that means that Houston can get Dwight and bad contracts and will have enough money to get Chris Paul next year which is what they intend to do in order to resign Howard in Houston. I honestly don't care what they do as long as they get young players and nice assets that will help our franchise get to the next level. What do you guys think?

Did anything happen? Please, I really don't want to read 700 posts*******

Because you just drafted 2 power forwards and have 2 others under the age of 24? It's why, if we planned on flooring out, I don't believe we would've brought Nelson back.

Yea that may be true but your telling me you couldn't get anything for him? I'm sure they could have traded him for at the very least a 2nd rd pick. When it comes to Nelson I think they would have let him walk had they had another viable option. Being Duhon is your only other PG there's no way you could have let Nelson leave.