The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

YAH!!! let's do the Rockets deal....

rebuild thru...

Nicolson

Parsons

Lamb

We will have Gus and OQuinn as well...

let's get some smart and versatile players!!! Go Magic

wow I hope that is real. Also, I say we keep Davis, he did well last year, especially w/o Dwight. Trade Turk, Jrich, Duhon.

But what a great deal, sill cant belive rockets are willing to give up basically there whole team and future for Dwight who has already said he wont sign there.

Mother of God. Talk about giving up the farm.

I know. We'd be giving up Dwight, JRich, Hedo, Duhon, AND Davis...oh wait, you meant the Rockets.

Seriously though, I like that trade for Orlando, but I just don't see how Morey could do it unless he's (1) dumb, or (2) knows something we don't know.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets, should they go ahead with their widely reported plans to release starting power forward Luis Scola via the NBA's amnesty clause, are prepared to absorb the contracts of Jason Richardson, Glen Davis and Chris Duhon -- in addition to sending Orlando multiple future first-round picks and recent draftees -- to give the Magic an opportunity to wipe their payroll virtually clean for their post-Howard rebuilding effort.

Wow, couldn't ask for anything better than that.

It doesn't make sense for the Rockets to put themselves in such a hole for a one year rental on Dwight. This sounds too good to be true.

I know. We'd be giving up Dwight, JRich, Hedo, Duhon, AND Davis...oh wait, you meant the Rockets.

Seriously though, I like that trade for Orlando, but I just don't see how Morey could do it unless he's (1) dumb, or (2) knows something we don't know.

"Sources say that the Rockets would have to send Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons to the Magic from their current roster to make the salary-cap math work, as well the draft rights to Jeremy Lamb, Royce White and Terrence Jones, all selected in last month's first round."

This part sounds a little speculative to me. Especially the "would have to send" part. I don't doubt that the offer will be something similar, but I'm not sure if this is the real deal. Regardless, I would imagine Morey has plans A,B and C lined up for as soon as we do or don't acquire Dwight Howard. He's always been able to pull a rabbit out of his hat when it comes to overachieving role players. It's that damn getting a superstar business he's seemed to struggle with.

Told ya YBR. Dwight better get ready for TX

Theyre not trading him this week, would shock me if they did. Houstons making a GREAT offer, but I dont think Rob's ready to trade him yet

Theyre not trading him this week, would shock me if they did. Houstons making a GREAT offer, but I dont think Rob's ready to trade him yet

Houston has no reason to amnesty Scola until they make a deal. Why would they amnesty him tomorrow? We have plenty of cap room as is stands, makes no sense to amnesty Scola right away if they aren't making a move.