Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

The Nets have offered Brook Lopez a fully guaranteed maximum deal of $58 million.

Brooklyn and Lopez are discussing the fifth years.

The Nets have made this offer to prevent Lopez from seeking an offer sheet with a rival team as they are keeping hope of trading for Dwight Howard.

Marc Stein reports that both the Blazers and Bobcats are prepared to sign Lopez to a four-year maximum offer sheet.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222247/Nets_Offer_Brook_Lopez_Max_Contract_For_Four_Seasons#ixzz20L2TD9GE

If other teams are willing to sign Lopez to a 4 year max deal, right now, then the Nets know they can trade him later and their risk of ending up stuck with that contract is limited.

What worries me is if he signs with the Nets and we don't trade Howard now, all this ish starts up again at the trade deadline.

What worries me is if he signs with the Nets and we don't trade Howard now, all this ish starts up again at the trade deadline.

Pretty much. However, as the trade deadline nears, the Nets have more pressure put on them because they know they can't sign him outright in free agency after the moves they made this off season.

If Lopez signs that deal I know the rumors about the Nets will start again but there's no way Henny deals with them. He simply can't

Pretty much. However, as the trade deadline nears, the Nets have more pressure put on them because they know they can't sign him outright in free agency after the moves they made this off season.

I'm confident he'll be gone by then. Not that i have sources or anything i just can't imagine keeping him around and if he pulls this with hou or la we can sit back and laugh.

Can someone please interview Toni Kukoc? I want to know what he thinks the likelihood of this trade happening is.

• Upvote 1

There is no way Brooklyn gets him if it doesn't get done today. He is not starting the season here. Let LA, Houston, or Atlanta worry about him.

Sam Amick

I'll have an update up soon at SI.com, but there are signs that the Magic may just left Brooklyn fall out of this race for Dwight Howard with the way a deadline has now been applied for today.

"I don't think there's a deal there," said one source with knowledge of the Magic's dealings.

WAHOO