Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

My guess so far... from reading reports.....

Houston gets:

- Andrew Bynum ($16 mill - 1 year exp)

- Ramon Sessions (S&T)

Lakers gets:

- Dwight Howard ($19 mill - 1 year exp)

- Courtney Lee (S&T)

Magic gets:

- Kevin martin ($12 mill - 1 year exp)

- Some combination of either Royce White, Terrence Jones, or Jeremy Lamb, etc.

- About 4 First Round Picks

This deal is much easier to rebuild if we go this route. We get Martin's expiring contract, and some of the rookie combo, and all those Houston's picks would be much higher than Brooklyn's.

I like this latest rumor. if we can package jrich and dwight and get some rooks from houston and their picks and other flexible contract filler and not take back a "center" and keep all the talent in the west I like it.

My guess... from reading reports....

Houston gets:

- Ramon Sessions (S&T)

Lakers gets:

- Courtney Lee (S&T)

Magic gets:

- Combination of Royce White or Jeremy Lamb, etc.

This deal is much easier to rebuild if we go this route. We get Martin's expiring contract, and some of the rookie combo, and all those Houston's picks would be much higher than Brooklyn's.

I really like this

• Upvote 1

Sam Amick for SI is reporting this as well.

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/4edd3a51-56a8-42f5-ac44-f3ab9d5b63e5/?source=twitter

With four-team Dwight Howard deal no longer in play, source says Houston is calling teams with cap space looking to dump more salary. The Rockets are still pushing hard to put the best package in front of Orlando, though @EricPincus is reporting the Rockets' target may be the Lakers' Andrew Bynum. Per Pincus, the Magic, Rockets and Lakers have had preliminary talks about a deal that would send Howard to the Lakers, Bynum to Houston and picks/prospects/cap relief to Orlando.

The trade is a good one if you ask me. Not the Nets one, but the one where Orlando obtains a large amount of picks, and has the chance to develop a talented core. Watching our guys in Summer League today, I realized that we have some talent on the court. These are guys with roughly no NBA experience save Harper and Liggins, who are playing their hearts out. It makes me remember what watching potential slowly, but surely develop looks like. Guys, don't be worried...this deal helps us, and in not in a way that we will contend this year, but in a way that we will have a solid franchise in the future by being under the cap and having high draft picks. Imagine if the Raptors tank again this year and we get a top 5 pick out of that? Imagine the Dallas Mavericks who traded their pick to Houston, weak, and aging....their draft pick may or may not be a top 10 pick. Then our draft pick, that pick will be a top 5 pick because our team will be in full on rebuild mode and more than likely will tank. So we have 3 top 10 picks. Then add we might get Lamb, Martins expiring, Parsons, and Royce White with fillers to make the deal work on top of our group of guys we have now. Now tell me this is a bad deal again? Cap flexibility and picks, this is what Hennigan wants, and this is the trade that I want too.

@MySportsLegion

Lakers, Magic & Rockets in talks which would send Dwight to LA, Bynum to Rockets & tons of picks to Magic, nothing "serious" yet, per source

This is MUCH better in my opinion.

We don't end up with players who either won't extend in ORL or have a bung foot. If we can get a "ton of picks" - a ton would have to be 4-5 or more - and expirings, and maybe a prospect from HOU, then I muccccch prefer this deal to the Nets one. Primarily because, like many of you on here, I'm not overly fond of Lopez. With expirings, prospects and picks we'll tank harrrrd, and our pick will be guaranteed lottery next season. Like I've said a few times, I don't wanna kind of tank, I wanna tank hard. It's the only way to recovery from losing a once in a generation player like Dwight.

My guess... from reading reports....

Houston gets:

- Ramon Sessions (S&T)

Lakers gets:

- Courtney Lee (S&T)

Magic gets:

- Combination of Royce White, Terrence Jones, or Jeremy Lamb, etc.

Much, much, MUCH better than the garbage Nets offer. This sounds perfect tbh.. much easier path to rebuild, no messy sign and trades, etc.

Really hope this pans out. Of course, it won't.

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA

Re: new 3-team deal, only heard what they weren't going to do. Would be lying if I said more than I'm aware of the rumor. Have texts out.

Anyone know much about this Tony Meija guy?

I've only recently started following him on twitter, he reliable?

So you are saying you do not want Bynum in a Magic uniform?

Lol, no you read too much into my post. I am saying however that if we end up with Bynum I would expect the magic to not put up with that kind of stuff. In house suspension and such.

Cat, I have to disagree. Sure some of these guys have talent but I don't see any of them ever being elite. It just seems like we're getting ready to become the Pacers. I don't like the idea of becoming a team that just enjoys the playoffs every year knowing the Heat or Bulls or Celtics are going to beat us in 5-6

I would have to disagree. I think Jeremy Lamb can become elite and as can Chandler Parsons. The picks become a hit or a miss but if taking kyle O'quinn at 49 is any indication, Henny will make most of picks.

I personally don't trust bynums knees, that's just my opinion though. I think Houston gives us best chance at a quick rebuild and is for sure a step in the right direction from the nets deal.

This is MUCH better in my opinion.

We don't end up with players who either won't extend in ORL or have a bung foot. If we can get a "ton of picks" - a ton would have to be 4-5 or more - and expirings, and maybe a prospect from HOU, then I muccccch prefer this deal to the Nets one. Primarily because, like many of you on here, I'm not overly fond of Lopez. With expirings, prospects and picks we'll tank harrrrd, and our pick will be guaranteed lottery next season. Like I've said a few times, I don't wanna kind of tank, I wanna tank hard. It's the only way to recovery from losing a once in a generation player like Dwight.

We will lose but the team will be so fun to watch with all the young talent developing. It won't be a bunch of crappy veterans running a bad system and going through the motions like before.