Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

YBR, how is the victimized superstar whose heart is still in Orlando?

Ha ha ha.... Poor Dwight, his handler HWNSNBU isn't doing so good these days, unlike how Dan felt last summer when things were put into motion.

Yea I'm sure Dwight and Dan were laughing and smiling as they collaborated this idea... Too bad it's short lived.

The only thing Dan has done was destroy his clients and analysts reputation and show us how really shady NBA Agents are.

Really? God Awful. He's better than any SG we have on the roster, and can create his own shot, and he's what, 21 yrs old.. Don't judge him by one summer league game.

Im just saying, we don't need any more bigs. If we do this stupid trade, and fran DOES actually come over, we have what.

Lopez, Vaquez, Ayon

Davis, Nicholson, OQuinn, Harper?

Thats count em, 7 players that people are arguably rotation players with the exception of OQuinn, who most experts say is "NBA ready" at this point.

Depth at Guard...

Nelson, Duhon??!

JRich, JJ redick....

We could do MUCH WORSE than Brooks as a 2 here rather than a guy nobody has heard of until 48 hours ago.

We traded the freaking Most Improved player of the year and 24 yr old guy, for a 27 yr old nobody..

you act as though we have to fill any other needs through this rumored NJ trade. Oquinn isn't signed yet. ayon can be waived if needed. vasquez isn't even here. so that leaves nicholson, harper and davis who we are actually committed to for next season. j rich and duhon are involved in that rumored trade so obviously we'd have other moves to make in the coming months if that trade went down.

i trust rob can find a marshon brooks-ish type d league or summer league gamble-guy if needed and try him out for the year of the great tank and still have a pick available if he doesn't work out OR be able to re-sign the gamble if he does work out and still have the pick for something else. we finally have a guy who seems to respect scouting and finding diamond in the rough value players, and you don't seem to give him a chance to do that.

Why? We had no leverage because we weren't going to match

1. JJ redick is not better than marshon brooks if you are at the stage of the game where we are rebuilding. I love JJ, but he's not a better fit going forward then brooks.

2. Why not match? we could always trade him down the line, if not, we are stuck with a good young PF/C that put up strong numbers in only his 4th yr who will only get better.

Otis hand couldn't have been forced because Dwight did opt in, so if he did get healthy for the playoffs, it would have been nice to have Ryan with Dwight.

Im just saying, we have no god damn WING, when was the last time we saw a wing drive by his man and Dunk the ball with authority.

I think honestly its been since TMAC we haven't had even one guy who could beat his guy off the dribble and throw the ball down.

God this sucks

• Downvote 2

Ha ha ha.... Poor Dwight, his handler HWNSNBU isn't doing so good these days, unlike how Dan felt last summer when things were put into motion.

Yea I'm sure Dwight and Dan were laughing and smiling as they collaborated this idea... Too bad it's short lived.

The only thing Dan has done was destroy his clients and analysts reputation and show us how really shady NBA Agents are.

Not to mention likely losing Kris Humphries as a client. What a dick move trying to convince him to take a one-year deal.

The Rockets can offer more at this point:

Rockets get: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, and Chris Duhon

Magic get: Chandler Parsons. Kevin Martin (12 million expiring contract), Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, and 4 1st rd picks

Something along those lines

1. JJ redick is not better than marshon brooks if you are at the stage of the game where we are rebuilding. I love JJ, but he's not a better fit going forward then brooks.

2. Why not match? we could always trade him down the line, if not, we are stuck with a good young PF/C that put up strong numbers in only his 4th yr who will only get better.

Otis hand couldn't have been forced because Dwight did opt in, so if he did get healthy for the playoffs, it would have been nice to have Ryan with Dwight.

Im just saying, we have no god damn WING, when was the last time we saw a wing drive by his man and Dunk the ball with authority.

I think honestly its been since TMAC we haven't had even one guy who could beat his guy off the dribble and throw the ball down.

God this sucks

I'm sure getting a talented wing player is on Hennigan's agenda, but we kinda have this Dwight thing we have to deal with first. After we trade Dwight we can focus on everything else.

What the Nets need to do is trade Lopez to Houston (who needs a starting 5) for the newbies and picks they were offering for Dwight then flip them to us for the package they were offering minus Walton and Lopez... done deal!

you act as though we have to fill any other needs through this rumored NJ trade. Oquinn isn't signed yet. ayon can be waived if needed. vasquez isn't even here. so that leaves nicholson, harper and davis who we are actually committed to for next season. j rich and duhon are involved in that rumored trade so obviously we'd have other moves to make in the coming months if that trade went down.

i trust rob can find a marshon brooks-ish type d league or summer league gamble-guy if needed and try him out for the year of the great tank and still have a pick available if he doesn't work out OR be able to re-sign the gamble if he does work out and still have the pick for something else. we finally have a guy who seems to respect scouting and finding diamond in the rough value players, and you don't seem to give him a chance to do that.

I'm ok to look for sleepers in summer league, but Assets are assets, and Ryan Anderson is a strong asset in the league, whether he perfumed well in the playoffs or not. Hell, theres lots of players that we consider assets that haven't even SNIFFED the playoffs (see Evans, Tyreke, Gay, Rudy)

For 9 million a year, and see guys like Omer Asik and wallace get 8 and 10 mil a year, we could have just signed him and traded him this year if we didn't want him for a lottery pick next year. I mean I'm not a GM, but I gotta at least say Otis would have matched the deal, he made dumb trades and probably would have traded him for ray allen at the deadline next year, but he at least had the right idea keeping Gortat. We should have done the same thing with anderson.

I just think that if we would have kept him, made the Trade for Bynum, and just waited two years till these crap contracts came off the books, we could have really had a chance to land a 2nd star to put next to bynum/anderson.

Say what you want, but we could have had the same productivity from Ryan if we make the trade for Bynum, one could argue Ryan might even be better, since Bynum is better in the post than Howard is. (not saying he IS better than howard, just better on Offense)

End of Rant

What the Nets need to do is trade Lopez to Houston (who needs a starting 5) for the newbies and picks they were offering for Dwight then flip them to us for the package they were offering minus Walton and Lopez... done deal!

Or we just deal with Houston and don't form a second super team in our own conference....makes a bit more sense to me