Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

If Dwight re-signed in Orlando would you root for him?

74 members have voted

1. 1. If Dwight re-signed would you root for him?

• Yes! Welcome back big guy lets get a championship ring.
    • No, I'm absolutely done with him.
    • I don't know

Don't get sassy with me.

I thought it was cute. It's also my real answer.

1. I don't think Dwight is close to he douchebaggedness of Lebron. He is just a kid who has selected a few bad friends.

2. If he came back with the right attitude there would be dancing in the street.

3. I really don't believe that many people care about this outside of Orlando. It is the news story of the moment, and the media will find some new villian or hero to keep the customers happy later.

Look at your own lives. Would you want a change if you put 7 years into something and the result didn't' meet your standards. It isn't Dwight's fault that we never had a quality pass first, assist driven point guard. It isn't Dwight's fault we never had a stellar go to guy along with him. The only fault I ever saw in him was that he never fixed his free throws and he was loose with the techs.

If we want to be mad about something, be mad about the Magic not putting quality people around him. Be mad because the Magic gave Smith a job as GM and didn't pull the plug on him when EVERYONE hated him.

This is all an unintended consequence of the Magic trying unsuccessfully to put together a Champion. He has no reason to believe that now will be any different than any other year. Yes, he is handling the situation badly, but would you like it better if he "nicely" left us.

I think we should quit treating Howard like he is Jerry Sandusky's evil twin. He is just a kid (my perspective) that is struggling. No matter what happens, it has little real impact on any of us.

Ok, I am ready for your minuses.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1. I don't think Dwight is close to he douchebaggedness of Lebron. He is just a kid who has selected a few bad friends.

2. If he came back with the right attitude there would be dancing in the street.

3. I really don't believe that many people care about this outside of Orlando. It is the news story of the moment, and the media will find some new villian or hero to keep the customers happy later.

Look at your own lives. Would you want a change if you put 7 years into something and the result didn't' meet your standards. It isn't Dwight's fault that we never had a quality pass first, assist driven point guard. It isn't Dwight's fault we never had a stellar go to guy along with him. The only fault I ever saw in him was that he never fixed his free throws and he was loose with the techs.

If we want to be mad about something, be mad about the Magic not putting quality people around him. Be mad because the Magic gave Smith a job as GM and didn't pull the plug on him when EVERYONE hated him.

This is all an unintended consequence of the Magic trying unsuccessfully to put together a Champion. He has no reason to believe that now will be any different than any other year. Yes, he is handling the situation badly, but would you like it better if he "nicely" left us.

I think we should quit treating Howard like he is Jerry Sandusky's evil twin. He is just a kid (my perspective) that is struggling. No matter what happens, it has little real impact on any of us.

Ha!... Proved you wrong.

If he's on my team.. then yeah.. but as of right now, I would much rather have Bynum instead of Dwight.. at least he might possibly wanna be here.

Yes, I would like it better if he nicely left us. By that I mean he needs to shut his ***** pie hole, quit the double talk and trying to save his Image (which he has already severely tarnished), and stop trying to force the issue with BK...it's a slap in the face to the fans and the city he claims to love. Just be a man and say my heart is no longer in Orlando and at least people will appreciate the honesty. He can't have it both ways. It's like he wants to break up with Orlando, but he still wants to be BFF's. It just doesn't work that way

EDIT - LANGUAGE (sorry, thanks)

It is easy to say you wont root for him when he wants out, but I guarantee that 75% of the people in this thread who say they wont root for him would if he resigned.

Winning cures old wounds and you should root for him because he is on your team..root for the jersey, not the player inside.

1. You can easily say the same thing about Lebron. He's only a year older and got some bad advice from his friends. Really, the only difference in how they have acted is that one is wearing a jersey that says "Orlando" on it.

2. Yes, I know I would end up rooting for him if he stayed. I would root for Lebron if he came to the Magic. But, Dwight is making it difficult. It would take some time to embrace him the way I have other players like Lewis, Nelson, Outlaw, Armstrong, Nick, JJ, Ryan and several other Magic players who showed some appreciation for what they have been given.

3. Obviously it has been a topic all year. People care, because Dwight is one of the 3 best players in the league, and where he goes greatly impacts a very popular sport.

I will always root for the guys in Blue.

I've lost a certain amount of respect for him, not that he cares, but re-committing himself to the Magic would go a long ways toward repairing that.

Wow! One of the best posts of the year and you aren't confident it will be well received... Look there are going to be people here who just are sour pusses. I don't need to mention names since they will come out of the wood work on their own but your statements are an accurate reflection of what transpired to get us to defcon 1. We ran this club as bad as one can run a professional team and it obviously didn't sit well with the one guy left carrying the team. For whatever reason ownership didn't care or was just being hood winked by a bad, i mean stupid, egg as gm. The team got worse and worse and the assets and flexibility got worse and worse. Apparently wait and see next year got thin on Dwight...I get that. I got it also as a fan. Year after year of awful draft picks and trades that when made you just said wtf is Otis tryin to deliberately destroy our team. Now we can clearly see the results. A one man team with no assets, flexibility and no way out for some time and the one guy left wants to leave. The net of which amounts to a 20 win season when he leaves. Oh I'm sure they will win 40 games like some said we would without Dwight but I'm betting you down need a full set of fingers and toes to count the wins. Congrats on stating it as it is....I'll collect all the minuses in your behalf....and be proud but not happy to do so.

How is Lebron worse than Dwight? Sure there was "The Decision." What about Dwight requesting a trade, getting SVG fired, knocking up a cheerleader, techs, constantly flip flopping and destroying a team midseason.

What had Lebron done that has added up to that? And this is coming from someone that really can't stand the guy, but seriously, he gets a rap he doesn't deserve.

• Upvote 1