Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

Jameer Nelson Opts Out and now Free Agent

I want to see Ducrap Travel Dance his way out of the Amyway Center and Orlando with a case of vodka from the Nets. That would make my day. :bigparty:

Anyone think Meer opted out to get away from Dwightmare?

No, I think what has been reported is completely true. Jameer wants to stay, but he didn't want to come back as trade bait on a one-year contract.

He wants to be here, but he wants a multiple-year deal so he can't be traded so easily. And if he can't get that, then he wants to pick where he's going to play and not have the Magic trade him, perhaps in the middle of the season, when his kids would still be in school and it would be tough to uproot his family.

That is completely understandable and doesn't require any smoke.

Besides, the Magic had made it pretty clear that they were not going to have this situation settled one way or the other before next season starts.

• Upvote 1

No, I think what has been reported is completely true. Jameer wants to stay, but he didn't want to come back as trade bait on a one-year contract.

He wants to be here, but he wants a multiple-year deal so he can't be traded so easily. And if he can't get that, then he wants to pick where he's going to play and not have the Magic trade him, perhaps in the middle of the season, when his kids would still be in school and it would be tough to uproot his family.

That is completely understandable and doesn't require any smoke.

Besides, the Magic had made it pretty clear that they were not going to have this situation settled one way or the other before next season starts.

I thought Jameer's family lived in Pennsylvania? Guess I was wrong.

I thought Jameer's family lived in Pennsylvania? Guess I was wrong.

I heard that he was around for a while after the season, partly because his kids were still in school. I could be wrong. I've seen his kids at games before, but they could have just been visiting, I guess.

I heard that he was around for a while after the season, partly because his kids were still in school. I could be wrong. I've seen his kids at games before, but they could have just been visiting, I guess.

His son is at every home game screwing around with the players during shootaround

Any more on this? I'm really, really hoping we keep Jameer. And not to trade him, either. Jameer's the heart of this team, as I've said before, and while he's not the most dominating player in the league, he plays with as much heart as Darrell Armstrong. I'd take one of those kinds of players over 20 Dwights - I just appreciate that style of play and mindset even if it doesn't net a lot of wins.

Any more on this? I'm really, really hoping we keep Jameer. And not to trade him, either. Jameer's the heart of this team, as I've said before, and while he's not the most dominating player in the league, he plays with as much heart as Darrell Armstrong. I'd take one of those kinds of players over 20 Dwights - I just appreciate that style of play and mindset even if it doesn't net a lot of wins.

As much as he has been a leader on this team for years, he truly would become the MAN on a post-Howard Magic roster. He'd not only be the floor leader, but he might be the player we rely on most on the offensive side of the floor.

As much as he has been a leader on this team for years, he truly would become the MAN on a post-Howard Magic roster. He'd not only be the floor leader, but he might be the player we rely on most on the offensive side of the floor.

Yeah that sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!...................wait.

You mean, a Nelson-to-BBD pick and roll doesn't get the blood pumping??!!

In lieu of DuDu to BBD, that blood pump is a freakin' gusher.