Sign in to follow this  
zollman

Scott Brooks next Magic Head Coach?

Totally depends. Are we going to blow it up, start young and develop young players (this basically means trading Dwight to New Orleans or OKC)? Sure, he's arguably one of the better player developers in the league, has a very good system, and keeps his players happy.

Are we going to keep Dwight, try to bring in a second star and stay at a contending level (I dont care about how terrible the cast is, Dwight alone makes us a contender)? Then no, he has rotation issues and was completely outclassed by Erik Spoelstra (who is a very good coach by the way).

No thanks, OKC got where they are because of talent not coaching. last or close to last in the league in assists. he made no adjustments in the finals having his guys still run iso's when they couldn't get to the rim, picking up charges and getting doubled at the top of the key constantly when running the p&r.

No thanks, OKC got where they are because of talent not coaching. last or close to last in the league in assists. he made no adjustments in the finals having his guys still run iso's when they couldn't get to the rim, picking up charges and getting doubled at the top of the key constantly when running the p&r.

Perhaps you should consider the other options we have then....

I'd still prefer Shaw, but wouldn't be upset if we landed Mike. Still, thunder would be stupid to dump him now.

How much respect could you have for a system that would fire, or even underpay a coach who gets you to the finals with one of the youngest teams in the history of the game! Stupid is just the start of what I would call them!!

Get Shaw here and lets get going....enough with the dramatics already!!!

More I think about it, and after watching that time-out speech, I'd be thrilled with Brooks. Dude had too much faith in Perkins. Perkins has a championship ring when his teammates don't. I can sort of see that (not really).

But still, dudes a good coach and probablty the best developer of talent in the league today.

Heck, before he got hurt, Eric Maynor was closing games, not Russell.

Why is everyone hating of Scott Brooks? The Thunder core are a bunch of kids playing against grown men in the NBA Finals. Brooks got those kids to the NBA Finals. It usually takes years before 22 and 23 year old players get it.