Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Dwight Trade Scenarios

I can't believe there is a person who gave the Eddie Van Halen "Eruption" solo a -1.

Whomever you are, I think I speak for everyone when I say that you are a boil on the ass of humanity, and I hope you have cancer.

I didn't give it the -1, but I will say I don't find his guitar playing to be particularly interesting. To me, it's like the smooth jazz of rock music in that it requires a high degree of technical proficiency, and what he's doing is legitimately impressive, but listening to it is still boring.

• Upvote 1

I didn't give it the -1, but I will say I don't find his guitar playing to be particularly interesting. To me, it's like the smooth jazz of rock music in that it requires a high degree of technical proficiency, and what he's doing is legitimately impressive, but listening to it is still boring.

I can see that. You always struck me as a "Clapton is god!" type.

So you're saying it's like watching baseball?

So you're saying it's like watching baseball?

Not at all. Enjoying Van Halen doesn't require an understanding of what he's actually doing. It's still impressive even if you know absolutely nothing about guitar playing. Baseball is going to be boring unless you know what's going on during the times where most people say nothing is happening.

No, Jackie. You can choose from any number of guitarist heroes. Just like everyone else.

You see: we're all like snowflakes.

This ties into my inability to choose a favorite anything, but if I had to choose it would be either Hendrix, Duane Allman or Frank Zappa.

I'm curious though as to what constitutes a "Clapton is God!" type, and why I fall into that category.

I didn't even get to read the start of this thread. But pleased I am to see what it has devolved into. My faith in Truebluenation is slowly being restored.