Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Magic waive Von Wafer

I am starting to think the Management is trying to make some cap space to get a really good player in a trade. Prob a reason he was waived. But if they wanted to create more cap space and have enough money to get a good player, why don't they waive Duhon? He is really a waste of $3.5mil and does a good job making the team lose majority of the games in the playoff and season.

Because that's not how it works.

Are there better players to be had on 1 year, 1 million dollar deals?

And DOM, duhon is more useful at home. He's a liability on the court.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are there better players to be had on 1 year, 1 million dollar deals?

And DOM, duhon is more useful at home. He's a liability on the court.

Von leaving is probably a sign of how hard it is to move J Rich and we don't want to have 3 SGs again. He's 26 and also doesn't want to waste his prime years

Still, I'd like to see Von as a backup Point Guard if he improved his dribbling and reduced his turnover rate and let Duhon rot in the bench

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because that's not how it works.

I blame the CBA for this mess. Screw Derek Fisher for starting a lockout and whining for more money.

• Downvote 2

Von leaving is probably a sign of how hard it is to move J Rich and we don't want to have 3 SGs again. He's 26 and also doesn't want to waste his prime years

Still, I'd like to see Von as a backup Point Guard if he improved his dribbling and reduced his turnover rate and let Duhon rot in the bench

Von leaving is likely more a sign of his very limited upside. At 26 he has displayed the same nack for bone headed plays and lack of ability to play defense through out his career. Besides, I think we still have 3 SG's on the roster and with Liggins showing some promise, he was likely not gonna get much time next yeay anyway.

you know what would be a great idea?

if some of the members got together and wrote a "basketball/NBA 101" or an FAQ because I keep seeing this trend of questions like "why we can't waive duhon" or "how much cap does this free up" and others that keep being asked, and it just bogs everything down discussion wise.

I'd have no problem starting the thread and contributing however much I can.

you know what would be a great idea?

if some of the members got together and wrote a "basketball/NBA 101" or an FAQ because I keep seeing this trend of questions like "why we can't waive duhon" or "how much cap does this free up" and others that keep being asked, and it just bogs everything down discussion wise.

I'd have no problem starting the thread and contributing however much I can.

We already have a thread similar to that. DOM started it and its actually pretty helpful. To me at least.

I am starting to think the Management is trying to make some cap space to get a really good player in a trade. Prob a reason he was waived. But if they wanted to create more cap space and have enough money to get a good player, why don't they waive Duhon? He is really a waste of $3.5mil and does a good job making the team lose majority of the games in the playoff and season.

Why does nobody understand that waiving Duhon doesn't just mean his salary is completely off our books?! If it worked like that there's a ton of players that wouldn't be on their current teams

We already have a thread similar to that. DOM started it and its actually pretty helpful. To me at least.

Yea, DOM is pretty good at specific questions that might need detailed responses. But there's no point wasting his time on general questions that keep popping up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why does nobody understand that waiving Duhon doesn't just mean his salary is completely off our books?! If it worked like that there's a ton of players that wouldn't be on their current teams

Because the getting rid of Duhon topic is an in topic, like the flavor of the month only for the entire season and beyond. It does not matter that it doesnt come off the books (though I think it is non guaranteed so some of it does), people just want him gone. I wish he could just vanish myself and it would be addition by subtraction, but really getting rid of Duhon is only a small part of this teams issues.

you know what would be a great idea?if some of the members got together and wrote a "basketball/NBA 101" or an FAQ because I keep seeing this trend of questions like "why we can't waive duhon" or "how much cap does this free up" and others that keep being asked, and it just bogs everything down discussion wise.

You cut me deep just now.

Yea, DOM is pretty good at specific questions that might need detailed responses. But there's no point wasting his time on general questions that keep popping up.

I will literally answer any question posted in that thread that I'm capable of answering that isn't something like "Did player X really play for the Magic at some point?" Any rules question, analysis question, whatever. That's why I wanted that thread to exist. If someone doesn't know the difference between the high and low post, or why the DPOY is usually an interior defensive player, or why Orlando's current roster has no business trying to run the triangle, I'm happy to explain it to them. That's what the thread is for.

It's also why I scoff at people who write about how we should just waive Duhon, or ask why we don't just buy him out, but then get angry when I mock their question without answering it. To them, it's me being a dick and not answering their questions for no reason. For me, it's refusing to answer their questions AGAIN, when I've already answered it in detail in the thread that exists for answering that sort of question. You know: this one.

And the Curse of the number one in Orlando Strikes again. No player wearing the number one in Orlando has lasted since the days of Penny and T-Mac longer then one calendar year.

Doug Christie 04-05

None in 05-06

Trevor Ariza 06-07 (traded midseason for and traded midseason in 07-08)

Maurice Evans 07-08

Rafer Alston 08-09

None in 09-10

Gilbert Arenas 10-11

Von Wafer 11-12

Seriously. Stop giving players the number one.

• Upvote 1