Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Magic waive Von Wafer

He was a Wade injury away from the NBA Finals the year prior to that. Shaq hated him because he didn't want to play Zo and Shaq big minutes together, and because he didn't think Shaq was good enough to be the first option anymore(which were "smart" and "absolutely accurate" respectively, by the way).

So when the team started slowly after the previous playoff run, SVG was scapegoated, even though Wade was playing hurt and Shaq had shown up to camp horribly out of shape.

But didnt Riley take over and they won the Championship that same year SVG got fired? With the same roster?

By all accounts, he never lost Wade. He lost a disgruntled big man that feuded off and on with every coach he ever had including 2 hall of fame ones. I may have misinterpreted the message that you are trying to convey. Since you quoted my previous post about Shaq and Duncan, it sounds like you are almost suggesting that all big men are the same and since Stan feuded with Shaq and Dwight while Pop thrives with Duncan that is proof that Pop handles big men better than Stan. I think Stan has been a little unfortunate with the big men that he has coached. There have been dozens of articles and a ton of games showing Pop completely go off on Duncan. I'm positive that Stan could coach Tim Duncan. I have my doubts on how long a Pop/Dwight relationship would last and I know that a Pop/Shaq combination would have been an unmitigated disaster.

Wasnt my intention at all. We as Magic fans was wondering what SVG could do with a respectable roster but he had that in Miami and it ended bad. Just wondering why he has had 2 dominating centers that wont buy into what he's selling?

Lmao. Whao there cowboy. I agree with you killer.

That's good to know champ. Talk to you later ace.

I've explained multiple times now why you're wrong.

At this point, it's just easier to say you're stupid.

For some reason, I laughed out loud.

That's good to know champ. Talk to you later ace.

Rofl. Hey there bucko. See ya soon chief.