Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Magic waive Von Wafer

A reason (which actually is a sufficient condition) is that such a decision is to be made by a Head Coach or a GM or both - and the Organisation (at the moment of the waive) had none.

The additional fact that he was unguaranteed forces one to annotate the move with a double question mark.

The fact that he was unguaranteed also means that they could waive him and not have to pay him, which saves a little money. I understand that it is not a lot of money (in nba terms).

Your first point really questions the timing of the decision which was likely made by Alex Martin, not so much why Wafer should still be on the team. He is poor in all the reasons I name above in my first post.

Also, I think its clear he was just a trough in the BBD trade which I feel still worked out for us.

Von Wafer was the best slasher on our team, no doubt about it. He had no D, but when you have J-Rich, Hedo, Duhon etc. you can't say waving Wafer was a no-brainer. He also got paid 1 million a year and with the same amount of minutes I guara damn tee that he would have better production than J-Rich and Hedo

Yes, we was our best slasher, which often led to circus shots and bad passes. In addition to having no D, he had a very small bball IQ. Agree he would likely have better production than Rich or Turk, but would likely average more TO's as well.

You can release him, waive him or whatever, you just have to eat his contract. Just like they did with Arenas. Whats a few million to Devos, a mere bag o shells

You can't "release" him like Arenas. Arenas was amnestied and doesn't count against our cap, whereas Duhon would.

I wish we could kick Duhon to the curve as much as any guy.

But I believe that Wafer asked to leave so he could play more minutes during his prime. We'd have no reason to waive him before a GM came, it's the only logical scenario IMO

So, here's a recap: We fired the most successful coach this franchise has ever had. We're worried about our complete lack of CAP flexibility. We're worried that the Face of the Franchise no longer wants to be here. We're worried that this franchise is going to hell in a handbasket and we're looking at years and years of being the joke of the NBA.

So what do we find to fixate on? We released Von Wafer. Yup. That's what we should be concerned with.

So, here's a recap: We fired the most successful coach this franchise has ever had. We're worried about our complete lack of CAP flexibility. We're worried that the Face of the Franchise no longer wants to be here. We're worried that this franchise is going to hell in a handbasket and we're looking at years and years of being the joke of the NBA.

So what do we find to fixate on? We released Von Wafer. Yup. That's what we should be concerned with.

Von Wafer took the ball out of the hands of Chris Duhon when they palyed together. No Von = more Duhon! :panicworker:

I don't think fixate means what you think it means.

An 11 page thread involving many people complaining about the Magic releasing Von Wafer, and many other people arguing about their complaining certainly looks like fixation to me.

An 11 page thread involving many people complaining about the Magic releasing Von Wafer, and many other people arguing about their complaining certainly looks like fixation to me.

My bad. I read your post as "we" being the actual team, not the posters on this board.

I lost my blanky last week and my wife told me my fixation with sucking on my thumb is not healthy. So I choose a fixation on this Wafer thread. But really, its the offseason and there is no other real news to discuss at this time since I am sick of hearing about Howard and there is no real news of the GM/ coach front.

My bad. I read your post as "we" being the actual team, not the posters on this board.

No, I try my best not to use "we" in regards to the team since I'm not on it. I see what you were saying though. I meant the posters on the board.

I lost my blanky last week and my wife told me my fixation with sucking on my thumb is not healthy. So I choose a fixation on this Wafer thread. But really, its the offseason and there is no other real news to discuss at this time since I am sick of hearing about Howard and there is no real news of the GM/ coach front.

I understand it's the offseason. I'm just surprised that with everything going on with this franchise and that we, as fans, are probably looking at a very long time of suck ahead, seeing people getting upset that we waived Von Wafer as though now..NOW we're not going to win the championship, is confusing to say the least.