Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

If the Nets win the lottery would you trade Dwight?

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do Dwight for Anthony Davis and filler?

• Yes
    • No

How does drafting sick and/or injured people help Orlando?

It'll only work if Boston releases Doc Rivers so he can coach the Magic. And, we bring back Dr. J for another front office stint.

honestly given how over the whole Dwight thing I am I would probably accept a deal centered around Davis/Brooks/James for Dwight and potentially a re-signed Humphries or Wallace for Hedo kicker to sweeten the deal on our end.

I am hoping and praying that jersey gets the #1 pick. If Dwight doesn't sign then I am all for AD. A young big that will play defense, rebound and block shots who does not care much about scoring. It seems Dwight wants nothing to do with this team and if so good riddance.

honestly given how over the whole Dwight thing I am I would probably accept a deal centered around Davis/Brooks/James for Dwight and potentially a re-signed Humphries or Wallace for Hedo kicker to sweeten the deal on our end.

Of course you would. And then you'd be happy to do again 4 years after that. And then again 4 years after that. That's how we end up on a roller coaster of playoff (or barely missed) teams and lottery, playoff (or barely missed) teams and lottery.

You have to make smart moves, not make moves just to make a move.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a player Davis develops into. He undoubtedly was a great college player. With his shoulders, though, I don't know if he is going to fill out much. I'm thinking he might end up being more of a Marcus Camby type guy. He was a real good college player, too. I'm certainly no expert on that type of thing, and I hope I'm wrong for Davis' sake. Camby has been a nice player but not a No. 1 pick player.

But regardless, I wouldn't be getting my hopes all pumped up for the Nets to get the No. 1 pick. Their odds are among the longest of long shots.

Of course you would. And then you'd be happy to do again 4 years after that. And then again 4 years after that. That's how we end up on a roller coaster of playoff (or barely missed) teams and lottery, playoff (or barely missed) teams and lottery.

You have to make smart moves, not make moves just to make a move.

Wow, you got the above information from his opinion that is being felt by more and more fans on this board? Not sure any fans would be happy with that. Of course you are right in the making smart moves thing, since the knee jerk reaction moves made by our former GM tore this team apart. At the same time, if Howard is not willing to sign a long term deal, then letting him walk and getting nothing in return is just as stupid.

Actually taking a look at Nets payroll, a trade would probably be pretty hard to facilitate as Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace would need to be S&T'd and I highly doubt the Magic would agree to that. I'd say even if they do get a Top 3 pick a trade is very unlikely to happen and New Jersey would just try to sell Deron on playing with someone from this year's lotto.

If I was to list the guys we could take in the top 3'd they'd go like this

1. Davis
  2. Beal
  3. MKG (wouldnt trade for)
  4. all prospects other than drummound

But Davis is the only one who I'd even give thought to for making the swap.... and then I'd look at the rest of the Nets roster and tell them no thank you.

Yahoo:All-Star point guard Deron Williams has made one decision about his free agency: If the Brooklyn Nets win the No. 1 pick in the NBA's draft lottery on Wednesday night – and the chance to secure Kentucky center Anthony Davis – it won't be enough for Williams to sign a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

"It's Dwight Howard or bust," said a league source who has spoken to Williams.

My link