Marc Acres 3:16

The SVG Appreciation Thread

You never know what you have till its gone. I wasn't a big fan, but I'm I upset that he's gone?

for sure, there probably isn't any one coach better equipped for coaching against the Magic and its prima donna ... certainly not, with a higher inspiration to coach against Dwight ... I shall dread watching him coaching against us ... someone once said that there's no better wedge (worst in this case) than that from the same piece of wood or tree ...

The best coach we have ever had. The man will have a coaching gig in a week if he wants one. That says all I need to know about firing him.

I kind of hope he does the color commentary thing because I think he would be brilliant at it. Can you imagine him and his brother Jeff doing a game? Pure hilarity.

Stan, I knew you well. Not too many folks realize that I was your favorite pre (and post) game meal. We sure had some laughs. I appreciated your candor, appetite, and the way your 'stache tickled my tenders. You appreciated my hot, juicy tenderness. We were a match made in heaven, Stan.

Stan?

Stan??!!

:svgsad:

• Upvote 1

Stan, I knew you well. Not too many folks realize that I was your favorite pre (and post) game meal. We sure had some laughs. I appreciated your candor, appetite, and the way your 'stache tickled my tenders. You appreciated my hot, juicy tenderness. We were a match made in heaven, Stan.

Stan?

Stan??!!

No mention of the FOTS? Someone forgot their friends once they made it big.......

I wish Stan the best. He was the best coach we have ever had and I'm sure he will be successful at whatever position he takes. Would love to see his coach a big time D-1 school. Could you imagine? He would tear up the college game.

Stan Van Gundy is a great coach. I think it is the right move though. We need to become fresh, we needed to make big changes.

You bite your tongue! FOTS is absolutely inconsolable right now. He thought Stan Van Gundy was a saint! A SAINT!!!

I would rather bite you.

It's upsetting that the casual fan will never truly understand how good of a coach Stan really was/is. To them, all they're going to remember is that he was fired twice.

• Upvote 1

Stan's firing highlights the vulnerability of the whole coaching gig, because if someone like him can be fired, anyone can.

I can only assume this was done as a response to some kind of verbal agreement from Dwight. If he's still intent on leaving, then he can ***** off. This is now eerily similar to Utah's situation with Deron.

Anywho, back on topic; Stan, you were loved by every genuine Magic fan, hated only by knee-jerk reactionary morons. Best of luck in the future, and I sincerely hope you join JVG on the broadcast team to offset Shaq's horrendous addition to TNT. That would be epic.