Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Dwight or Stan

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who should return

• Dwight Howard
    • Stan
    • Fresh start - cut both loose

It seems like this board is split between team-Dwight and team-Stan. If you say keep Stan and trade Dwight, please explain why you want to be a 6 seed for the forseeable future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I had to choose between rebuilding or firing Stan and having a mediocre team and Dwight still leaving, I'd go for the first option.

If the Nets get that top 3 pick we trade Dwight and Hedo for whoever (if we have to choose between Dwight or Stan, of course)

Who will we replace Stan (generally considered to be a top 5 coach) with?

If it comes down to Dwight signing long term or Stan, than Dwight, but we better not lose both. That will put us back in the stone ages.

Work to keep both isn't an option? Why not?

Barring a reconciliation between the two, you have to look at things logically.

Dwight is the best big in the league. The drop off in talent as you go down the list of top 10 bigs is immense.

Stan is one of the best coaches in the league, but the drop off in talent between Stan and the guys right behind him isn't as dramatic.

Therefore, emphasis is on keeping Dwight. However, if you can't get a commitment from him, and decide he must be traded, then what's the point in also getting rid of Stan?

So, fire Stan if Dwight is staying. Keep Stan if Dwight forces a trade. Pretty simple. Also, it could be fun to see Stan lose his hair as the team puts him and the squad into development mode instead of win now mode.

I wonder how long before the teen girl angst crew start's their usual drama about Stan?

• Upvote 3

I still maintain from what I've been told Stan's already gone. Team's just letting things die down first.

But I'd rather start completely over. Supposedly D'Antoni is eyeing Orlando according to Schmidtz (who is a moron) and I would love that hire. Only one player has ever had a problem with him and that's Melo. Actually think Mike, especially if we can get Nash here, would be a perfect fit. Dwight can play the STAT role and get his touches, we have shooters galore. He's the guy I want most.

He gets a bad rep because the Suns ownership is awful and Melo is a cancer.

• Downvote 6

But I'd rather start completely over. Supposedly D'Antoni is eyeing Orlando according to Schmidtz (who is a moron) and I would love that hire.

:svgsad:

You bash SVG in every post, yet you come out and say you want Mike freakin' D'Antoni?

• Upvote 2

I still maintain from what I've been told Stan's already gone. Team's just letting things die down first.

But I'd rather start completely over. Supposedly D'Antoni is eyeing Orlando according to Schmidtz (who is a moron) and I would love that hire. Only one player has ever had a problem with him and that's Melo. Actually think Mike, especially if we can get Nash here, would be a perfect fit. Dwight can play the STAT role and get his touches, we have shooters galore. He's the guy I want most.

He gets a bad rep because the Suns ownership is awful and Melo is a cancer.

D'Antoni is a great regular season coach. That rapid-fire, run-and-gun style basketball is real exciting to watch and will get you into the playoffs.

And there the team will die a dramatic death.

Unless we get a long-term commitment from Dwight, I'd say trade Dwight for Bynum (or to some other team for a #1 pick in this year's draft) and whatever, dump as many bad salaries as possible, and keep Stan. If, on the other hand, Dwight says he'll only stay if Stan's gone? Well, that's a little different.

Dwight is not "a great inside man:" he's the best in the game. And he's still young. We lost Shaq at around the same age and saw him go on to win championships with other teams; I'd rather that not happen again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You bash SVG in every post, yet you come out and say you want Mike freakin' D'Antoni?

Kids these days

Keep em both

Keep neither

We are all fans

Together we win

Together we lose

Tonight we celebrate

Our Independence Day

Believe

D'Antoni is a great regular season coach. That rapid-fire, run-and-gun style basketball is real exciting to watch and will get you into the playoffs.

And there the team will die a dramatic death.

Unless we get a long-term commitment from Dwight, I'd say trade Dwight for Bynum (or to some other team for a #1 pick in this year's draft) and whatever, dump as many bad salaries as possible, and keep Stan. If, on the other hand, Dwight says he'll only stay if Stan's gone? Well, that's a little different.

Dwight is not "a great inside man:" he's the best in the game. And he's still young. We lost Shaq at around the same age and saw him go on to win championships with other teams; I'd rather that not happen again.

pleaso no

Run and Gun.

D'Antoni ran into the Spurs buzzsaw. And it doesn't matter who the coach is, if you have Dwight Howard on your team, you're going to be a good defensive team. The Knicks were top 10 defensively with Mike D this year and were playing at a very high level until Melo decided to come back and be a black hole.

In Phoenix, he had two 60 win seasons. I think he's a good fit here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4