Sign in to follow this  
drendurhur

Fran Vasquez

We all know that the Magic are notorious for making awful drafts. I mean remember the Spanish guy, Fran Vasquez who has been a douche playing in Spain all these years. Well earlier this year during the lockout saying that he may return next season. Find this legit?

We all know that the Magic are notorious for making awful drafts. I mean remember the Spanish guy, Fran Vasquez who has been a douche playing in Spain all these years. Well earlier this year during the lockout saying that he may return next season. Find this legit?

Look at that draft. All draftin Fran did was keep Otis from overpaying some scrub. Fran has saved us a lot of money; especially with Otis in charge.

I hope Fran finally comes over.

It would be kind of cool, especially if he could rebound well like Marc Gasol. The second round that draft we also missed out on drafting Monte Ellis...which was not cool.

It would be kind of cool, especially if he could rebound well like Marc Gasol. The second round that draft we also missed out on drafting Monte Ellis...which was not cool.

I don't see Fran being the player Gasol is. If he was, he'd have been wanting to play against the best in the world for the last few years; not playing overseas. Also, every team in the league passed on Ellis in the first round, so it's not like we "missed out".

I don't see Fran being the player Gasol is. If he was, he'd have been wanting to play against the best in the world for the last few years; not playing overseas. Also, every team in the league passed on Ellis in the first round, so it's not like we "missed out".

Even for playing overseas his numbers don't look very impressive.

33nc3uw.jpg

Even for playing overseas his numbers don't look very impressive.

33nc3uw.jpg

You can't take European numbers and completely analyze them to make judgement on whether a player will be good in the NBA. For example look at Rubio.

I think Fran could be a very solid Back up and contribute 10-24 mins a game easily. He would fill a need. Give our bench some much needed punch.

You can't take European numbers and completely analyze them to make judgement on whether a player will be good in the NBA. For example look at Rubio.

I think Fran could be a very solid Back up and contribute 10-24 mins a game easily. He would fill a need. Give our bench some much needed punch.

Agreed

Didn't Fran already sign an extension to continue playing overseas?

Who cares about some softy Euro-boy who has had every chance to come play for us but instead used that as a threat to get a bigger chunk of change from Euro-teams? I'll believe he's coming when Paul Porter's calling his name during pre-game lineups. If we could trade his rights for a draft pick, do it.

• Upvote 1

Didn't Fran already sign an extension to continue playing overseas?

But Vázquez’s Spain-based agent, José Cobelo, said in a phone interview with the Orlando Sentinel on Tuesday that his client would be interested in joining the Magic after his contract with Barçelona ends — assuming the NBA’s labor woes are cleared up by that time.

“Of course Fran would give serious consideration to the Magic,” Cobelo said. “That has been his intention all of these years. He signed with Barçelona for a year to keep that door open. Once we get a tangible offer we will evaluate it. Unfortunately, we can’t do that now with the potential of a lockout lurking.”

There is a virus tied to this particular news article, so i did not included it...... because I like you guys and its my profession to protect computers and users.

Who cares about some softy Euro-boy who has had every chance to come play for us but instead used that as a threat to get a bigger chunk of change from Euro-teams? I'll believe he's coming when Paul Porter's calling his name during pre-game lineups. If we could trade his rights for a draft pick, do it.

Honestly, I'll take any player with legitimate length at this point. Rotating Davis, Anderson, and Clark at the center position simply won't cut it. And, despite all of us wanting to think that he is soft because we hate him and he does what his girlfriend tells him to, I've heard nothing in any of his scouting reports that would indicate that he is soft. Quite the opposite actually.

• Upvote 1