TrueMagicFan07

Rd 1 - Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic @ Pacers

We lose.

And I'm glad it'll happen in Indy instead of us winning this game, only to have to come back to Orlando to lose the series. In front of all of our fans. Again.

That said, if we could somehow win 3 straight against a superior team, let's go ahead and do that.

• Upvote 2

I'm not expecting anything, just going to sit back and try to enjoy Magic basketball for potentially the last time until fall.

Same here. Not going to try to get caught up in bad officiating, bad substitutions, or Chris Duhon this game. For a short season, it's been a long season.

1 more game till Stanley and Otis are canned.

Yay! 'Cause once Stan is gone, we can continue our mission of becoming the New York Knicks (you know, without the media good-will or constant league assistance). It always works out when you fire a great coach to make a player happy, right? I will so enjoy watching our team get great players and then underachieve in the playoffs.

Yay! 'Cause once Stan is gone, we can continue our mission of becoming the New York Knicks (you know, without the media good-will or constant league assistance). It always works out when you fire a great coach to make a player happy, right? I will so enjoy watching our team get great players and then underachieve in the playoffs.

Or, we won't even make the playoffs when D12 leaves and we have Stan playing people like Duhon and JRich more than he should.

No, I see a better future with D12 in. At least we will attract other superstars while he's here, and Stan's coaching won't be used as an excuse for other players not to come here due to his unpopularity.

So no, future looks good if D12 stays.

We lose.

And I'm glad it'll happen in Indy instead of us winning this game, only to have to come back to Orlando to lose the series. In front of all of our fans. Again.

That said, if we could somehow win 3 straight against a superior team, let's go ahead and do that.

If we could win three straight, we win the championship.

...FOREVER

When I had a dream the night before Game 1 that we won -- we won. Guess what. i had a dream again last night. We win. The dream is weird. We win big. Let's see if I'm right again. I wish I had these dreams more often. But I'm not a psychic. Just a believer. In Magic we bleed blue!

When I had a dream the night before Game 1 that we won -- we won. Guess what. i had a dream again last night. We win. The dream is weird. We win big. Let's see if I'm right again. I wish I had these dreams more often. But I'm not a psychic. Just a believer. In Magic we bleed blue!

Unfortunately, now that you posted about it, we'll get blown out. That's how dream premonitions work.

It's science.

Or, we won't even make the playoffs when D12 leaves and we have Stan playing people like Duhon and JRich more than he should.

No, I see a better future with D12 in. At least we will attract other superstars while he's here, and Stan's coaching won't be used as an excuse for other players not to come here due to his unpopularity.

So no, future looks good if D12 stays.

Game 4 is prime example of why Duhon should not be playing. Stan's reliance all year long on unreliable Duhon is a mistake. 2010 it was Bass. 2011 it was relying too much on Nelson. 2012 it is Duhon. Though Nelson picked it back up latter part of this year, the season should be a sign of things to come. Duhon has sucked all year. Game 4 showed us that he still sucks (though I do give Duhon credit that he was ok Games 1-3).

I double dare you, Stan. Play Ish Smith Game 5 you'll have a different result.

Unfortunately, now that you posted about it, we'll get blown out. That's how dream premonitions work.

It's science.

Well, I dunno if you remember, I posted my dream in Game 1. I posted we would win by 2 points, so I was close. I have a dream!

There are examples where the RIGHT superstar who forced out a coach proved to be more important to their NBA team than the coach was. Magic forced out Paul Westhead in favor of an unproven (at the time) Pat Riley. Michael Jordan forced out Doug Collins in favor of an unproven (at the time) Phil Jackson.

The questions remain: Is Dwight the RIGHT superstar for the Magic? And, is there another as-of-yet unproven Pat Riley or Phil Jackson to replace SVG and lead the Magic to championships?

Game 4 is prime example of why Duhon should not be playing. Stan's reliance all year long on unreliable Duhon is a mistake. 2010 it was Bass. 2011 it was relying too much on Nelson. 2012 it is Duhon. Though Nelson picked it back up latter part of this year, the season should be a sign of things to come. Duhon has sucked all year. Game 4 showed us that he still sucks (though I do give Duhon credit that he was ok Games 1-3).

I double dare you, Stan. Play Ish Smith Game 5 you'll have a different result.

stanvanjeremy.gif