TrueMagicFan07

Rd 1 - Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic @ Pacers

``We learned in this series that we need a center to win,’’ Redick said. ``I’m not in this for hanging tough or giving a valiant effort. I play basketball to win and guys on this team for the most part play to win

After a tumultuous season in which he feuded publicly with Howard over the issue of asking for him to be fired, Van Gundy said after the game that it’s his hope that he’ll coach the Magic again next season. Van Gundy has a year remaining on his contract, but his future will be decided by the DeVos family and CEO Alex Martins in the coming weeks.

``Yeah, I want to come back, but that’s not up to me,’’ Van Gundy said. ``As far as the speculation, I’d say the same thing I’ve been saying all year – who gives a damn.

They’ll make a decision when they make a decision. I’m not going to worry about it, I’ll tell you that. As long as I’m coaching I’ll continue to do my work and I’ll get ready for next year. If they want to make a change, make a change. That’s up to them.’’

All I'm saying is that none of us are in the gym during practices so we can't give a fair analysis. Also, don't discount the fact that Ish came in midseason so he was already behind in learning the playbook, defense, etc. Do I think Duhon sucks? You bet, but I'm not going to say player X should play over player Y for two reasons:

1.) I'm not an NBA coach

2.) I'm not there during team practices to see how player X and player Y do against each other

Stupid, stupid, STUPID Argument.

Oh no, you are right...

Ladies and Gentlemen, your NBA 2011/12 Practice MVP ....

Chris Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhon

• Downvote 1

People making excuses for SVG playing Duhon are completely full of crap

No excuse. No reason. No validity.

Zero. Zip. None.

Just watch the damn game and UNDERSTAND that this guy, #25 for the team you root for, does not do anything right. Any freaking thing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Zero. Zip. None.

Just watch the damn game and UNDERSTAND that this guy, #25 for the team you root for, does not do anything right. Any freaking thing

Jj has done all the ball handling that Duhon hasn't for the entirety of the series. Play someone else instead of Duhon. Nuff said

``We learned in this series that we need a center to win,’’ Redick said. ``I’m not in this for hanging tough or giving a valiant effort. I play basketball to win and guys on this team for the most part play to win

Who was he referring to?

Who was he referring to?

Duhon -- known drunk and party animal (JJ is a devout Christian and is a gym rat)

Hedo -- known to be lazy

I think if just the 2 above players didn't play during the Pacers series, we'd have won more games or the games would have been closer. I think Hedo in the starting lineup ruined our mojo.

Why can't everybody else understand this?

It's not like there is some lotto picks behind them that are waiting to get minutes, there's guys from the D-League and Von Wafer who has played for 7 teams in 6 years.

Zero. Zip. None.

You're right. Once SVG is fired, we should hire you. Clearly your resume as a poster on the team's message board is enough to display your knowledge.

All I'm saying is that as an NBA coach, Stan Van Gundy is a hell of a lot more qualified to make personnel decisions than anyone here. Do I get why he plays Duhon over Ish? No, but I think it is absolutely hilarious when people think that Stan has either a vendetta against Ish, a hard on for Duhon, or all of the above.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4