Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

Along as the boys play there hearts out I'm cool with any outcome.

I will be at games 3 and 4. Over from the uk for the playoffs.

Lets get behind them more then ever before. Go magic for life!!!!

Let's be real here. We'll be lucky to win one game. It'll take a lights out shooting night (which this team is certainly capable of) to win one. Gonna have to outscore them because we simply can't defend them...ESPECIALLY inside.

• Downvote 1

Wish we had Dwight: we're in the perfect bracket. Atlanta, Boston, and Chicago are all in the other one. We could still do some damage this year, but it's going to be real hard without Dwight.

Odds to win an nba championship in Vegas puts Orlando dead last of the playoff clubs. 100 to 1. If you really have the stones go for it. Nice job by Otis to assemble such an expensive club with one player.

The Palms had us 80-1 last night. I almost put 5 down. :bigparty:

Anybody care to let me know what our outlook is based upon our rookies' play last night looked like?

You want the honest assessment or do you want me to lie to you?

In short, our rookies and backups played with gobs of heart last night, but came up short when the Griz actually realized the Magic weren't just going to roll over and die. I think we'll give the Pacers a run and maybe scare them a little, but Dwight's such a huge part of what we do on offense, and especially defense, the Magic are going to have a really hard time beating them.

But then again, the Pacers might be complacent, and lacking Dwight might have their defense flailing until they figure out where our scoring's going to come from (it's far more balanced when Dwight's not present - they won't be able to lock in on one guy). It's not beyond the pale that we steal that first game.

If we can do that, and if we can get some momentum and confidence, the Pacers don't have our playoff experience; we could conceivably pull off an upset. It's a pipe dream, but it could happen.

....and then we'll get destroyed by Miami, but still.