Drain-O

Magic vs. Pacers Opening Round Playoffs 2012

God, the intensity those days.

The Wince team got that 'you're soft' label after the 0-3 start against the Celtics, and we're downhilling from there.

Maybe we do need to get a little younger, I don't know... :mellow:

We stopped being intense when they passed the "Dwight Howard/Magic" rule. Seriously, I have yet to see any other team get T-up for barking at a ref. Just us, just the Magic.

When that started happening? When the Magic, and especially Dwight, weren't allowed to show any emotion at all? THAT'S when things went downhill...

Good point. Dwight started getting openly clobbered by backup bigs, grabbed around the neck repeatedly and then getting T'ed up for swinging his arms dangerously around the people that happen to be hanging from them.

That 'forget the flagrant rule and don't even complain' officiating made him a walking technical...

I've kept this frame from last year, where Howard is actually mid-air and coming down hard after an attempt to jump:

189232_1763292476473_1063937568_2014789_1522719_n.jpg

Remember our first game against New York? Now that game was a Flagrant fest. All in all, the Magic's first intentions should be to sign intense...and intimidating players. Jermaine O'Neal, I don't mind. Any player with a Quentin Richardson and Jonathan Redick Mentality is fine for me.

Remember our first game against New York? Now that game was a Flagrant fest. All in all, the Magic's first intentions should be to sign intense...and intimidating players. Jermaine O'Neal, I don't mind. Any player with a Quentin Richardson and Jonathan Redick Mentality is fine for me.

Totally. If the NBA wants to be able to have other teams beat the absolute crap out of Dwight, we should adopt another sport's tactic: we need an enforcer.

Bring Spree out of retirement to just go strangle the other team's players.

More on this, just because it ticks me off so much.

THIS is a flagrant foul that LeBron got:

bron2_medium.gif

This is a Technical on DWIGHT. Yes, Jermaine comes after him and DWIGHT gets the T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PiygDQjWd0

Just so tired of that. It's not fun to watch. I'd say that mindset of officials taking an "anything goes" in defending Howard led directly to it being perfectly okay to punch him in the lower back. Awesome. Thanks, NBA.

I still say someone (with video skills, which I don't have) should do a mash-up of all the bad calls on Dwight and on ones where he was called for a T, or clearly flagrant fouls that weren't called for him, and then contrast that with KG staring down or barking down a ref and some of the calls that DWade and LeBron get.

I still say someone (with video skills, which I don't have) should do a mash-up of all the bad calls on Dwight and on ones where he was called for a T, or clearly flagrant fouls that weren't called for him, and then contrast that with KG staring down or barking down a ref and some of the calls that DWade and LeBron get.

There was actually a pretty big thread for this very same thing during the offseason I believe.