Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

I want a PG at 19. I'd be fine with Marshall, Wroten or Teague. I do not want Perry Jones. He's like Earl Clark 2.0.

Perry Jones is nothing like Earl Clark.

If Marshall is gone and Jones slips, passing on him would be idiotic.

Teague; really? The dude can't run an offense to save his life.

I hope Wroten is available at 19 I think he's going to be a special player in the NBA

Wroten is my favorite as of now, but if someone like PJ3 slips, you have to pull the trigger.

Jones has a lot more physical talent than Earl as well as a much higher bball IQ.

Jones just has issues with playing 100% intensity. Against UK, he actually brought Baylor to like 5 down before their little point guard started jacking crap up.

Jones is an unreal talent. If he slips, you have a stud in the making and a guy who will be a cornerstone if he pans out.

I tend to prefer players like Wroten that have huge upside and potential and are kind of being overlooked compared to PJ3 Who came in with a lot of hype but couldn't live up to it.

• Upvote 1

Jones just has issues with playing 100% intensity. Against UK, he actually brought Baylor to like 5 down before their little point guard started jacking crap up.

Jones is an unreal talent. If he slips, you have a stud in the making and a guy who will be a cornerstone if he pans out.

Are you guys saying Perry lacks a certain "killer instinct"? If so, you do realize thats not a skill that can be learned. I dont want anybody anywhere near this team if they arent ready to do whatever it takes to win.

Are you guys saying Perry lacks a certain "killer instinct"? If so, you do realize thats not a skill that can be learned. I dont want anybody anywhere near this team if they arent ready to do whatever it takes to win.

No, I'm saying that he lacks maturity like a lot of other players coming into the NBA.

Agreed. No one just becomes more aggressive. This guy will just always fall short like that Lebanon James.

• Downvote 1

Agreed. No one just becomes more aggressive. This guy will just always fall short like that Lebanon James.

Rudy gay was the same way at uconn and he turned out ok. If you can get a starter at #19 you do it. Worry about those types of intangibles in the lotto.

Perry Jones on talent is the second best player in this draft. At 19; you don't pass that up.

Is Jones a 3 or 4? With whom does his game compare in the NBA?