Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

15429449.jpg

Hehe just trying to lit a fire inside of someone.

Having a long day with school work, I need to goof around.

We could use his 3pt shooting though

latest mock has us going with John henson from unc. I would love that pick. Hensons upside is a nice

Would love Henson from UNC. Big, long and athletic that plays great defense. Would be great next to or playing behind Dwight.

Perry Jones? Talented but he has a terrible work ethic, could possibly amount to nothing more than a better JJ Hickson. Him + Harrison Barnes are the two guys I wouldn't pick even if they fell out of the lotto.

Getting a better JJ Hickson at pick 19 would be a positive, not a negative.

Seems to me that since PF and Center was not our problem this year, we need to draft the best guard available.

Assuming Howard stays put this offseason and we resign Anderson and Orton, we would have them along with BBD and an improving Clark. Some might disagree with keeping Orton, but I think he could be a capable backup to Howard.

Anderson is a question since he has trade value and BBD proved he could be a starter.

• Upvote 2

Seems to me that since PF and Center was not our problem this year, we need to draft the best guard available.

Assuming Howard stays put this offseason and we resign Anderson and Orton, we would have them along with BBD and an improving Clark. Some might disagree with keeping Orton, but I think he could be a capable backup to Howard.

Anderson is a question since he has trade value and BBD proved he could be a starter.

Thats a dumb assumption...... If you look at where we lack and have lacked for 3yrs, its not having a shot creator who isnt old as he11.

If anything we need someone who can take the ball and do something with it, preferably someone who is already a matchup problem in terms of position and size. Example: Lewis, Durant, Blake, Etc....

Right now, we dont have a lock on "ANYONE"......... Not Dwight "Center", Not BBD "PF", Not Nelson "PG", Not Richardson "SG, Not Anderson "PF".......... And if you look at the depth, its as shallow as a dried up pond.

What we really need right now is a legit backup pg who can actually contribute in a positive manner and that should be our number one concern in this draft. Also if Signing and Trading Ryan Anderson provides us with a decent back up big and a good role player, be my guest, and trade him, but the number one thing we need right now is a PG who can legitimately contribute. Duhon is not going to do it and Ish, though at times he produces well, is very much a liability on the defensive end. I would recommend drafting a pg with some decent defensive tendencies, a decent enough penetration speed, and a passing type mentality. Also I would recommend trying to find a way to obtain a SF with an actual shot, because Hedo is not going to cut it, and hasn't been cutting it for a long time.

All in all, we need a guy who can create his own offense...it needs to be someone who actually knows the game well, and I know this may be irrelevant right now, but J.J. needs to be a starter next season. He can get to the free throw line, is a smart player, and can even create his own shot sometimes. This is a minor fix to our issues right now, but the major fixes need to be done in the off-season after this one. J-Rich can play better off the bench.

Thats a dumb assumption...... If you look at where we lack and have lacked for 3yrs, its not having a shot creator who isnt old as he11.

If anything we need someone who can take the ball and do something with it, preferably someone who is already a matchup problem in terms of position and size. Example: Lewis, Durant, Blake, Etc....

Right now, we dont have a lock on "ANYONE"......... Not Dwight "Center", Not BBD "PF", Not Nelson "PG", Not Richardson "SG, Not Anderson "PF".......... And if you look at the depth, its as shallow as a dried up pond.

How is my assumption dumb? Its an assumption... In otherwords, I am going on the notion that this happens, which I feel will happen. So if this happens, are PF and center position is not a major weakness.

Since I am not in the know, I assume a lot of things. Right now, I am assuming you are having a bad day and are still pissed the Magic's season is done.

I agree with your second point that we need a shot creator. I said as much in that we need the best guard available, left off SF but that would be a need as well. I just did not use the term shot creator.

Not sure what you are meaning by your third point, so that's a "dumb" point. Just messing with you, but what do you mean? Are you meaning that everyone is tradable? Cause if I am not mistaken, everyone except Nelson (player option) and Anderson (restriction FA) are signed at least through next season. Though I am not all knowing, so I could be wrong.

By the way, thanks for clarifying the positions that Dwight, BB, Nelson, Richardson and Anderson play. I was a little confused before I read that. Still not sure what Stan does for this team. Is he the owner? No, GM, right?