Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Van Gundy Exposes Howard's Power Play

Like Woj said in the article, Stan is a top five coach. I can't wait for another Johnny Davis to take over. Will be great.

Oh man! I cannot even see Davis or Brian Hill on TV, as an assistant coach for the opposing team, without shivering.

To add, rumors exist that it was Dwight who demanded those trades Otis made (at least getting Hedo back). Gortat and Dwight weren't seeing eye to eye at that point and Gortat wasn't exactly balling either which didn't help the situation. Talks also suggested that Dwight wanted Hedo back. Dwight has done more damage in the last 1 1/2 years than we all realize. It's a lesson for a newbie organization like the Magic. Don't let your stars dictate your every move. Must have a passionate basketball professional upstairs or crap like this happen. Stan is that guy who loves basketball for us. Magic CANNOT choose Dwight over Stan. If they do, it will be a temporary fix for something that will not end pretty.

Oh man! I cannot even see Davis or Brian Hill on TV, as an assistant coach for the opposing team, without shivering.

Lol

This board needs to really get over its collective hard-on for 2 second round picks and Ish Smith.

Or failing that, provide a doctor's note to explain this kind of collective intellectual failure.

Im with DOM on this one. These guys being saviors is an indication of the garbage assembled by Otis. If youve got to root for guys like that to be contributors then your roster is full of bums and overvalued players. These guys wouldnt even be on the Bulls or OKC's roster let alone have a chance of being a fan favorite. How Otis has gotten away with spending so much of Devos' money and assembling so very little in return is way beyond me.

Its remarkable how everywhere little man hill goes the Princeton offense drags the offense and the team down the tubes. I dont get how he finds employment anywhere. Hill and Otis were a match made in heaven.

Billy Donivan returning to Florida was the best thing to ever happen to Otis Smith. Had we not gotten SVG Otis would have rightfully been fired by his 3rd season. Its nice that someone in media recognizes Stan as one of the best coaches in the league. A lot of fans fail to realize this.

How come you haven't posted any sad violins this year

board has been so bad i've tried to avoid it as much as possible :|

Which is too bad, because you missed our epic Toonami discussion a few nights ago.

chat room? if not, which thread?

chat room? if not, which thread?

oh god no. the chat room is dreadful now.

http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2012/04/06/vangundy040612mp4-2059134

Stan sounds like he's been told to deflate the whole thing and play out the season.

["i recognize as a valid point that i shouldn't have answered the question" at around 14:00 and onwards, "regret it", "that's my fault for not understand you guys better and seeing the implications of what i was saying", "we are paid very very good money", etc...]

We weren't gonna win it all anyway this year, and given that nobody's gonna care day-to-day (we're not LA or Miami), perhaps even that (keeping Stan) is doable...