Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Van Gundy Exposes Howard's Power Play

“The organization has allowed Dwight to set up the coach,” a league source close to management and the coach said. “They have to have a reason to blame someone. If they win, and he gets fired, everyone will know it’s on the player. Losing gives everyone the out when the season’s over, especially Howard.”

So Van Gundy walked into Thursday morning’s shoot-around, a fresh batch of reports surfacing that Howard wants him out, with a decision made in his mind: No more lying. Van Gundy was done playing make-believe. He was done dodging, denying and, yes, lying. He told the truth.

“The only thing that I’m ever uncomfortable with is bull-[expletive],” Van Gundy finally said.

LINK:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqStR0.Q20dy2LII8AZRtL85nYcB?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_van_gundy_magic040512

When our hero/superman/etc Dwight made the trade request this season, I kept calling him a million names until he opted-in. That was because I expected him to be a professional and not put the Franchise in a hole WHILE under contract. You want to take your talents elsewhere? Play through your contract and opt-out like a businessman. That's why we have pieces of paper and signatures on them in the modern world - to minimise corporate drama.

Stan is no higher than Dwight in my eyes, or Kobe, or Stuff, or anybody who happens to be employed by this Franchise to do a specific job.

Blowing the Company up because the superstar doesn't like you is unprofessional. In that interview Stan went on to the press about how otherwise natural this 'scandal' is. "Hey, it happens all the time, i'm sure at least one of you guys here don't like their bosses and yet he does a great job in what he does nonetheless".

Indeed it happens all the time; and people are able to work through it exactly by not making it a public issue. They deal with it as what it is: a part of their job.

Perhaps, deep down, Otis DOES NOT LIKE THIS TEAM. It will never be OK for him to be "done dodging, denying and, yes, lying" and come out and say 'guys, this team sucks but hey, that's the current talent we have, we'll deal with it - are you done with me?'. I don't care if you used to be the God of GMing, that is uprofessional and hurts the Orlando Magic.

Stan is the best coach we ever had. Dwight is the best player we ever had. Stan go us this and that, Dwight got us the Amway Center.

Great, whatever. They both get decent money in return for what they do for us.

Whoever finds his contract (and the dollar that comes along with it) morally strenuous should quietly go to their boss and work a way out of it.

I called Dwight a million names when he pulled out the trade demand.

Stan made me want to call him a million and one. He's not 25, I had him for a solid professional.

:chairshot:

Blue and White ain't about Stan or Dwight.

(dope rhyme ftw)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

When Stan Van Gundy walked out of that shoot-around on Thursday morning, several of his closest confidants believed he would be fired before the Magic met the New York Knicks on Thursday night. He didn’t care. The truth set him free, and he had to admit to some associates, it felt pretty damn good.

This is a star league, and Howard had always believed that he needed to leave Orlando to have the stage, the platform, to be the biggest in the world. Well, he finally had it on Thursday, and he stood there, stunned, stammering and waiting for someone to save him. Everyone could’ve lived with this unpleasant truth, this behind-the-scenes reality, but Dwight Howard had to keep playing make-believe in the Magic Kingdom. He finally drove back down LeBron Street, pedal to the floor, and there’s no turning back now.

Boom, boom, boom!!!

Dwight has made it so hard to root for this team. I don't care how good he is, dude's a douche and I'm behind Stan 100%. This entire year has been full of shady ass "business" decisions and I'm glad Stan was the one guy to always work hard and be honest. He deserves much better than this.

• Upvote 2

Dwight has made it so hard to root for this team. I don't care how good he is, dude's a douche and I'm behind Stan 100%. This entire year has been full of shady ass "business" decisions and I'm glad Stan was the one guy to always work hard and be honest. He deserves much better than this.

For me, this is going to be similar to when the Bucs fired Dungy. I really thought he was on the cusp of a championship, and had it yanked away, so I became a fan of the Colts and was glad to see him win with them. Wherever Stan goes, I'm going to root for them as well (still a Magic fan though).

How come you haven't posted any sad violins this year

http://www.hoopsworl...-van-gundy-gone

Honestly I want SVG GONE! I appreciate what he has done but I hate this system, I hate him burying players with potential and not knowing when and when not to take players out, I hate that as soon as a player from another team comes into our system they almost always play like ****, its time for a change. nah nah nah nah.

nah nah nah nah. hey hey hey goodbye.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hate him burying players with potential

This board needs to really get over its collective hard-on for 2 second round picks and Ish Smith.

Or failing that, provide a doctor's note to explain this kind of collective intellectual failure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agree.

Barring Dwight signing a 5 year extension, which road leads to a better Magic team in the future: Just getting rid of Dwight like he wants or getting rid of Dwight like he wants AND Stan like Dwight wants?

Like Woj said in the article, Stan is a top five coach. I can't wait for another Johnny Davis to take over. Will be great.