Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

I miss Vince Carter

No. Lewis has declined so fast to the point that, currently, whenever he is not injured, he is limping through the court and hitting under 30% 3pts, for a grand average of under 9 ppg for the WIZARDS.

The only problem with the Lewis trade was the extra year for Arenas. Other than that, it was a wash in terms of the players involved. You cannot possibly argue that Lewis brings to the table more than Hedo now. Hedo can still be valuable from time to time. Shard has been absolute crap since the start of the 2010/2011 season.

The part of freeing up playing time for RA was an added bonus.

Agree with this. As much as we harp on Hedo, and the stupid crap he sometimes does (off-balance fadeaway three with 12 left on the shotclock.... :panicworker: ), he also makes good passes, can still score, can still drive (when he remembers to), and still turn in the occasional good game.

Completely 100% agree, and even if Vince was hurt that's a plus because JJ would get more minutes. When Stan is fired, Otis needs to be lit on fire.

Edit: with 4:27 left in the 2nd qt of the Knicks game, Richardson is on fire. Gotta give props if I bash as well. If only he could keep it up.

Completely 100% agree, and even if Vince was hurt that's a plus because JJ would get more minutes. When Stan is fired, Otis needs to be lit on fire.

Edit: with 4:27 left in the 2nd qt of the Knicks game, Richardson is on fire. Gotta give props if I bash as well. If only he could keep it up.

Jinxed him. 16 points on 18 shots and ZERO defense.

And JRICH plays harder than Vince? seriously? Before that road trip where the whole team got BirdFlu (or just the flu), Carter was playing well in my opinion.

No. Lewis has declined so fast to the point that, currently, whenever he is not injured, he is limping through the court and hitting under 30% 3pts, for a grand average of under 9 ppg for the WIZARDS.

The only problem with the Lewis trade was the extra year for Arenas. Other than that, it was a wash in terms of the players involved. You cannot possibly argue that Lewis brings to the table more than Hedo now. Hedo can still be valuable from time to time. Shard has been absolute crap since the start of the 2010/2011 season.

The part of freeing up playing time for RA was an added bonus.

Comparing Lewis' numbers on the Wizards to his numbers here, is pretty much exactly like comparing Hedo's numbers in Toronto and Phoenix to his numbers here. Its very much apples to oranges.

Certainly with his health, he would be riding the pine. But he would expire next year. Can you imagine the cap flexibility we would have with Dwight's, Rashard's, and Jameer's contracts all coming off the books - and Hedo's with an amnesty which could even wait until next year played out?

And this discount's Rashard's locker room presence, his knowledge and ability to rotate defensively, and his willingness to do anything the coach asked to help this team win. Don't you think that attitude will be helpful to this team in this climate?

Literally, this moved *****ed our long term flexibility and cost the owner 20 million dollars, to bring in a guy who was coming off multiple knee surgeries, who was known to be lax on rehab, and who brought guns into the locker room (didn't he actually pull a gun on a teammate?) This is not even factoring in his basketball skill level, which anyone who watched Washington more than twice a season knew he was AWFUL and really only played one season at a high level. Basically, he was a max contract Turk with mental/maturity/health issues.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather have a prime T-Mac than Carter

Agreed. Not much I enjoyed more than going to the arena and watching T-Mac

Agreed. Not much I enjoyed more than going to the arena and watching T-Mac

Back in the day T-Mac was my brother's favourite player while Vince was mine.

Good days