Babir_9

2012 Offseason

We haven't done anything for him. We got rid of a terrible GM and a coach that players hate.

Have we brought in Josh Smith? How about Monta Ellis? Do we have a coach that won't berate Dwight at every chance and a GM semi-competent? No.

We haven't done a thing.

Why are we in a position where it's hard to put better players around Dwight? Because our GM makes horrible moves and our young players have zero value due to lack of PT.

• Upvote 1

Why are we in a position where it's hard to put better players around Dwight? Because our GM makes horrible moves and our young players have zero value due to lack of PT.

Our younger players don't have value because they suck

• Upvote 3

Our younger players don't have value because they suck

That too but playing time does allow players to have more value than just sitting there

YBR, there are no known roster moves, in the world, possible for us to make that will make us more competitive. Especially with whatever coach we can talk into taking the job with our star player once again involved with trade rumors. Or whatever GM we can convince to take over this roster of unholy talentless ball-boys-randomly-picked-to-pretend-to-be-basketball-players. This organization is now circling the toilet and will continue heading down the tubes like an enormous turd, as long as we let one man hold us hostage. And we can't even threaten him with some kind of trade ultimatum, because he wants out anyways. Even if we trade him, we're doing HIM the favor, not us. And no team is going to give up a lot when they know either A, he won't re-sign with them, or B, any team that he would be willing to go to with a S&T, could just pick him up next offseason once his contract expires. Isn't this great? Good thing we canned the most successful coach we've ever had. We are so awesome.

That too but playing time does allow players to have more value than just sitting there

Chris Duhon begs to differ :shard:

• Upvote 3

Oh, please. Do you really think anyone's going to believe that?

He wants his ass continuously kissed. He wants the organization to provide him a private jet to fly in when he travels apart from the team, he wants to see his kisser on bill boards and the sides of buildings, he wants the organization to focus on publicity for him. He doesn't want to be one of the team, he wants to be THE STAR!

Of course Dwight had a lot to do with it, but it wasn't just Dwight. Who's to say they wouldn't have just let him play out his contract.

And the Minnesota Timberwolves provided Ricky Rubio with a private jet to go get surgery on his ACL

It might seem stupid but it is not very hard for a multi-billion dollar owner to provide his star a private jet. Sure to the working man like us it seems ridiculous but athletes are ridiculous. Just because you get him a jet doesn't make him a bad person. Hell if my company would spring for a private jet I'd take one everywhere too.

YBR tell Dwight if he stays I will get him a private jet. I know a guy who knows a guy.

i gotta say though, i'm feeling like Ed's "what more does he want!?!" after reading your latest "where dwight's head is at" comments.

obviously this whole thing isn't about winning, or coach, or management or whatever, and you even said something now that even if we get some other star(s) it may not do it. it seems to be about dwight trying to cash in for the biggest payday and his vision for his stardom in the prime days of his career and how to transition that afterwards. whatever russian promised in their illegal talks is what is making the difference to him. the business opportunities and blowing up his stardom is what he wants and what brooklyn told him they'd do whatever for him. sounds like no matter what roster changes we make, who coaches, who is gm it won't matter unless dwight is somehow convinced that all the organization cares about doing is blowing him up to the highest level of stardom bigger than basketball, because he's already one of the biggest basketball stars. and he's not going to take any $ losses in the short term to attain his bigger goals.

seems like every time we do something or make a move recently it's done with keeping dwight here in mind, and no matter what it is/will be, it will still be "well, i dunno, you fired stan, got monta, sjax, and others from my list, put giant posters all around town etc, but i dunno" and then rudolph or ybr will relay what dwights told them like "ya'll don't understand there's more to it" like it's some super deep painful emotional experience of rdv touching his wee wee while svg watched or something, when really it's like he has 100 kids and baby's mamas and ain't takin' no shorts or no losses and needs everlasting superstardom and hand delivered silver platter business opportunities to keep everyone in benzes in perpituity and thats what prokhorov promised and that's all dwight is asking of the magic with out directly saying "match prokhorov's under the table offer and you got me". and the grass will always be greener and the magic will never be able to do anything to satisfy him and stephen a smith and espn will never shutup.

All he wants is a championship team. He still believes til this day that one of the worse mistakes we made is tear apart that Finals team. He's 26 and doesn't want to spend his prime somewhere where there's no direction or not taking a championship run seriously. IF they got Monta or CP3, or a star like that he would have been signed. 8 years and who has he played with??

That's why he's the way he is. Look at the teams playing now in the playoffs. The star players have help and an organization with a vision. What have the Magic been known for? Shaq, TMac, and now dwight have all said something similiar about this organization. He loves the city, loves the fans. Problem comes with how the franchise is being run. That all being said he's STILL having doubts about leaving. He didn't have to opt-in regardless what rumors are saying. He genuinely loves you guys and reads all his mentions and checks his facebook page.

YBR, there are no known roster moves, in the world, possible for us to make that will make us more competitive. Especially with whatever coach we can talk into taking the job with our star player once again involved with trade rumors. Or whatever GM we can convince to take over this roster of unholy talentless ball-boys-randomly-picked-to-pretend-to-be-basketball-players. This organization is now circling the toilet and will continue heading down the tubes like an enormous turd, as long as we let one man hold us hostage. And we can't even threaten him with some kind of trade ultimatum, because he wants out anyways. Even if we trade him, we're doing HIM the favor, not us. And no team is going to give up a lot when they know either A, he won't re-sign with them, or B, any team that he would be willing to go to with a S&T, could just pick him up next offseason once his contract expires. Isn't this great? Good thing we canned the most successful coach we've ever had. We are so awesome.

Are You now a GM of any team. How do you know that there are no roster moves that can make this team better. You seem so bitter about Stans firing are you his agent or personal ball sack protector. You have taken this way too personal. Stan and his millions of dollars he has made is doing just fine, thank you very much.

Dwight for all his short comings is a kid. He has not matured and may never. But he is THE MOST DOMINANT BIG in the game BY FAR!!!!!!!!!

He can demand what ever he wants. Will the Magic make the right moves? I don't know and neither do you. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Or just quit the ride and stop upchucking all over yourself.