Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Dwight needs to sign his extension like tonight. Our ultimatum doesn't hold water in my opinion, because every team out there knows they have a shot at him after his contract expires, and there's no need to waste assets in trying to acquire him. "But Ed," you'll whine, "we gave him the ultimatum that we'll trade him!" But, why would a team do a sign and trade if they have the cap space to outright sign him? I think we made a serious mistake today in letting SVG go. Short of begging Jackson or somehow bringing Red Auerbach back from the dead, I can't think of a single candidate that would actually upgrade the position. At best, we might get someone who'd be considered a lateral move. Isn't that what everyone was complaining about with Otis, nothing but lateral moves that didn't advance the team? This is that same thing, just one rung up the ladder. We're following the same script that Cleveland used.

Dwight got his end of the bargain, the best coach this team has ever had is gone. Now it's time for him to pull up his big-boy britches and do the same.

Do you honestly expect Dwight to sign an extension tonight?

Dwight will not be touching pen to paper until we get him some help in the form of a second star. It's just the truth.

Do you honestly expect Dwight to sign an extension tonight?

Dwight will not be touching pen to paper until we get him some help in the form of a second star. It's just the truth.

No, I honestly don't expect him to sign n extension at all. Dude's gonna bounce next year and leave us hanging.

• Upvote 1

Well this offseason should be more interesting than our last Head Coach search..... where our first choice is still coaching NCAA Basketball.

Holes:

GM, President

Head Coach

Coaching Staff

Starting PG

Backup PG

Starting SG

Starting SF

Backup Center

Bench

...... short list......

Baumann

Multiple sources have confirmed to me that a third coach Dwight Howard likes is Los Angeles Lakers assistant Chuck Person.

GET IT DONE, DONNIE

It will all play out, he's very undecided. The firings solved part of the problem

Nice. In YaBoyR we trust. Sheridan spitting up lies out there...

What he say?

Look at the Otis and Stan thread. There's a link there that reads Dwight wants out despite firings...

http://t.co/pTH6BrKV exclusive: Dwight Howard wants out of Orlando more than ever: http://t.co/6z7gQlJN

There's some truth to it, but its not that clear cut. He's battling with a decision. He knows why he wants to leave, but he's asking himself why should he sign here. And his heart is in Orlando

There's some truth to it, but its not that clear cut. He's battling with a decision. He knows why he wants to leave, but he's asking himself why should he sign here. And his heart is in Orlando

The Magic need to pair him up with a helper in Smoove or Ellis. Gut the roster. That will help appease him.