Babir_9

2012 Offseason

The best part of the Nets giving Lopez a max contract is that they will NEVER be able to move him and be in cap hell forever. Bwahahaahahaa

....unless, of course, we end up with him, but even Otis wouldn't make a move that dumb.

Between Ryan Anderson and all the recent rounds of rumors, I'm finding the forum a bit depressing.

Ayon is solid, and yes we save money.. but I don't get it, what are the Magic doing? If we're trying to re-tool and not match Anderson, then why the heck are we not cutting Redick when we had the chance and why are we bringing back Jameer? (Don't get me wrong, Jameer & JJ are probably my two fave players)

It just seems all around scattered to me. Like, are we retooling or rebuilding..? Which is it?

On the other hand New Orleans sure seems on the fast track.

:svgsad: Hope Monday and Tuesday bring better news. Brook Lopez for anything, especially the max, is so NOT what I would consider "better" news. Crossing my fingers for the good ol' smoke screen.

Jameer is exactly the kind of vet you need on a rebuilding team. Also, why would you let JJ walk for nothing, when you could make him an expiring? I wouldn't be shocked if he's dealt. Same for RA. We would have lost him for nothing, and instead got a solid reserve C. I think this is all part of Hennigan's 'process' that he's spoken of.

If the Magic make that deal with the Nets, they are absolutely quitting on their fans and on any players left on the team.

They aren't even getting back any decent draft picks. A bonus pick might come from the Lakers? To go with all those great picks they will get from the Nets? Woo hoo! 4 or 5 picks in the 20s over the next 4 seasons. Forgive me if I can't contain my excitement.

AND they might be taking back another guy with a bad foot who they are going to give a near-max deal? They will deserve absolutely no pity if Lopez gets injured again (or if he never heals).

AND they are putting the Nets in position to remain among the top Eastern Conference teams for 10-12 seasons and therefore keeping the Magic out of the mix.

Apparently, Hennigan's "process" is to be the worst team in basketball for the next 10 years. You have time for a "process" if you plan on missing the playoffs for a decade. It's not that I think we don't have a few good players left, but it just will get discouraging for them if they don't have any talent around them at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Don't Lopez and Humphries have to agree to the S&T's? Has anyone heard about their willingness to let the Nets dictate where they play?

Yeah they do. I thought I saw an article the other day where brook said he liked playing for the nets and he wanted to stay there and be part of the team now that they will be good.

He would re-sign with the Magic if he's still in a Magic uniform after the trade deadline.

No player has walked away from 30 million in guaranteed money, Dwight certainly cares about the $$$ or else he wouldn't have opted in.

This

If the Magic make that deal with the Nets, they are absolutely quitting on their fans and on any players left on the team.

They aren't even getting back any decent draft picks. A bonus pick might come from the Lakers? To go with all those great picks they will get from the Nets? Woo hoo! 4 or 5 picks in the 20s over the next 4 seasons. Forgive me if I can't contain my excitement.

AND they might be taking back another guy with a bad foot who they are going to give a near-max deal? They will deserve absolutely no pity if Lopez gets injured again (or if he never heals).

AND they are putting the Nets in position to remain among the top Eastern Conference teams for 10-12 seasons and therefore keeping the Magic out of the mix.

Apparently, Hennigan's "process" is to be the worst team in basketball for the next 10 years. You have time for a "process" if you plan on missing the playoffs for a decade. It's not that I think we don't have a few good players left, but it just will get discouraging for them if they don't have any talent around them at all.

Quit being so negative. We all know you're a season ticket holder and you want to see a winning product, but guess what? Every team has to rebuild at some point and can't constantly contend.

Wait until we actually acquire Lopez for the max before questioning everything the organization is doing; all we have right now is a bunch of speculation and apparently a lot left to negotiate. If acquiring Brook Lopez on a max deal is such a terrible thing to do, then have a little faith that Rob and his staff know better than you and won't go through with it.

And how on earth will trading Dwight to the Nets keep Orlando out of the mix for 10-12 seasons?

• Upvote 1

Agree dealing with them, is dealing with the devil IMO....They started all this bull**** when they illegally met with Howard, prior to completion of the CBA...so my hope is we're only using them for leverage. if we give dwight what he wants I'll consider not watching the NBA for a while.....he has a contract, the ******* should honor it, seriously where is he gonna go next summer? cleveland?

I wonder if "super teams" is going to be the new trend in the nba.. maybe kevin Durant will demand a trade to Chicago to play with Derick Rose along with a few other stars.. the rest of the NBA will be the Washington Generals or maybe the d league affiliates. Why even bother with contracts? Not like they matter.

• Upvote 2

Before it's to late:

We need to email these guys and let them know how we feel and that they CAN'T form another super team.

rhennigan@orlandomagic.com

AMartins@orlandomagic.com

Let's show them how we feel about this NETS trade