Babir_9

2012 Offseason

If this is a money move; is he really going to give up the bird's-rights max?

He's going to make that money up in other areas. He will make more money as Net than he would as a Magic when you add up everything, not just the NBA contracts.

The same guy who reported the Cleveland thing is now saying that 11 players are involved with the trade.

holy crap

So Brand's available. Could we sign him cheap? Would be a role-player. Was he injured or is there something toxic about his contract?

I don't think this team will be interested in outside FAs, and Brand will pobably ring chase.

We were a championship contender not too long ago...now a 10 year rebuild (dont say it wont be). Unless the next Lebron shows up here it will be one looong ugly haul. It is a bad thing back in the basement. Unfortunately I dont like our team being the Cavs which is what it will be except they are now 2 years ahead of us.

The 1st pick of the 2017 draft probably isn't even in high school yet... the next LBJ could be sooner than a lot of us think.

He's going to make that money up in other areas. He will make more money as Net than he would as a Magic when you add up everything, not just the NBA contracts.

He can't go to the Nets next year. They don't have room.

Would love for someone to calculate the basic math of how much money Dwight would earn in the first 4 years of his contract here compared to 4 years in Brooklyn. Throw in income taxes. I'd just like to see how much more he'd need to make in endorsements.

There would have to be. No way you can send out a guy for $8 million (maybe plus), take back a guy who makes $1.5 million and not get a trade exception. It's built in the NBA rules. But what are you going to do with a $6.5 million trade exception? It's not like that brings you a top level talent, and you can't trade it with anything.

Besides, the Magic almost never use them. And right now, the only thing they seem intent on is cutting payroll, not adding to it.

Does a TPE have to come if say NO is under the cap?

He can't go to the Nets next year. They don't have room.

Would love for someone to calculate the basic math of how much money Dwight would earn in the first 4 years of his contract here compared to 4 years in Brooklyn. Throw in income taxes. I'd just like to see how much more he'd need to make in endorsements.

Well, I was obviously referring to him being traded there. Which is happening boys, whether we like it or not. Only thing that stops it from happening is if Stern starts babbling about "basketball reasons", but he only does that when trades are good for both sides.