Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Born, raised and have lived in Orlando my entire life. My folks had season tickets to the Magic from the 1st year until the 1994 lockout. I became a season ticketholder on my own about 10 years ago. I was at the 1st ever regular season game at the O-Rena against..... guess who......the NJ Nets. Been with the Magic through thick and thin... 1st draft party of Nick Anderson, the night we drafted Chris Webber and Pat Williams came out with a cutout of Penny to announce the trade to a chorus of boos, the 94 playoffs when we beat the Bulls and then the Pacers in 7 epic games, the day Shaq left (my wife called me out of a meeting at work to try to console our then 4 year old son who was crying his eyes out seeing Shaq in the Lakers jersey), the T-Mac and Grant Hill years, Heart and Hustle, the Dwight era and now this debacle. Gotta say the Dwight drama is about the most frustrated, angered and disgusted I've ever felt regarding the Magic. The fans and DeVos family deserve better than to have been treated like this by Dwight.

This describes me except 1.) I'm not from Orlando, I was born and raised in San Jose, California, and 2.) I wasn't a Magic fan since '89, rather '92 (yea, yea, I know, but I was all of 6 when Orlando came into existence in '89), but I've been with this team through all of those other eras you listed, and I agree that this right now is the worst I feel to be a Magic fan.

Sure Magic bandwagoner. Only reason you support the Magic is because of Dwight Howard. Not the team in general.

Really?? Really??

I've seen some dumb stuff posted on this forum, but this one is up there. Here's hoping for undetected sarcasm.

Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace

I predicted the steve Nash signing That's why I came to Vancouver and I worked out at his gym http://pic.twitter.com/njsGINZ0

That was the big news I was holding out on yal. I knew this... That's why I traveled on July 4th to Vancouver instead of being in America

I have other predictions.. Yal want to know ???

That'll be weird seeing Nash as a Laker (and can we quit calling them "Fakers" and "Flakers"; how old are we?). If Nash still has it and he gets in drive and dish mode, Bynum could be putting up some seriously big numbers.

Also, Lakers would be stupid to trade for Dwight now unless they're worried about protecting the rim or something, which they shouldn't be with two seven footers (both kind of wimpy at times, but usually get the job done) in the paint.

If Nash can just play like he did even last season, the only thing that'll stop the Lakers from getting to the WCF is their bench (assuming they're healthy of course which is a big if).

Here's hoping for undetected sarcasm.

This.

Sleeper Sarcasm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Dwight Howard "intrigued" by Lakers after their trade for Nash, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Expand

Will Dwight make up his mind already?! :panicworker:

Dwight Howard "intrigued" by Lakers after their trade for Nash, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Expand

Fake tweet or not, this is why Magic fans who previously were happy with a Howard/Bynum trade are now worried about a Howard/Bynum trade! Before the trade for Nash, Magic fans wouldn't have minded sending Howard to the Lakers because all indications were that Howard no longer wanted to go there. But the Nash deal makes the Lakers not only a better team, but more appealing to Howard. So, now we are back to making Howard happy if he goes to the Lakers. Magic fans are feeling miserable about all of this. If Magic fans have to be miserable, we'd like Howard to be miserable too.

• Upvote 1

Expand

Fake tweet