Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Microcosm of the TBN forum- Jareth gets + for a comment that includes "silly poopy butt" and I get - for a well constructed comment of my honest opinion on the topic at hand. I hate this place.

omg please cry more about your negative rep loloololl

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

omg please cry more about your negative rep loloololl

It's not the rep its the PRINCIPAL! haha

I put "haha" because everyone would think that was a serious comment too

• Upvote 2

Here's the problem with building around Bynum. We all agree that he just needs the chance to have his own team and be the #1 option. We also all agree that it is a guard's league now and you have to have a star guard/wing to have a chance at the title. We couldnt get it done with Dwight and trading him for Bynum would be a lateral move at best. Dwight couldnt entise a star wing to come team up with him in his entire career here.

The point-Why would any star want to come here to team up with Bynum when they know he will pout and start problems if he doesn't get as many touches as his wants? They wouldnt come here for Dwight, they definitely wont for Bynum.

I don't buy that "It's a guard's league"-thing. I get what you're saying, but the league was a "guard's league" back in the Jordan days, too, and everyone was trying to build around the "next Jordan."

...Until Shaq came along.

Point is, it's a game where a lot of different things work - it just takes the right pieces coming together at the right time. You get a dominating center in the middle, and put enough pieces around him that AREN'T geriatric crap, and see what happens.

We beat an awful lot of "guard led" teams last season with Dwight in the middle. Had Dwight not gone down, we likely would have made a run at the conference finals or further.

Please, let's keep this on topic.

I tend to give Ping about as much credibility as a pipe wrench. I picture him thinking to himself, "Hennigan worked in San Antonio and OKC!" Then going to the interweb search field thingy and typing in "San Antonio assistant coaches" and "OK City assistant coaches," seeing the results, and then throwing those names out there.

I don't buy that "It's a guard's league"-thing. I get what you're saying, but the league was a "guard's league" back in the Jordan days, too, and everyone was trying to build around the "next Jordan."

...Until Shaq came along.

Point is, it's a game where a lot of different things work - it just takes the right pieces coming together at the right time. You get a dominating center in the middle, and put enough pieces around him that AREN'T geriatric crap, and see what happens.

We beat an awful lot of "guard led" teams last season with Dwight in the middle. Had Dwight not gone down, we likely would have made a run at the conference finals or further.

Even if youre right, the point still stands. Dwight is a great player, and we had some very good pieces around him that werent crap (esp in 09) and we didnt get it done. All along weve lacked that star wing. I just dont see that happening with Bynum when he is the one with the history of crying about touches.

Even if youre right, the point still stands. Dwight is a great player, and we had some very good pieces around him that werent crap (esp in 09) and we didnt get it done. All along weve lacked that star wing. I just dont see that happening with Bynum when he is the one with the history of crying about touches.

I still don't buy it. I get what you're saying, but even our "very good pieces" weren't all that good. They may have been playing well that particular season, but when we ran into a good team, we got crushed.

Ping has called/broke Dwight wanting to ax SVG; Hennigan as GM, and Price as summer league coach. I've come to cautiously believe his sources now.

As for Bud, tell me about him JC. And, I don't know how I feel about Cheeks, but in Rob I trust.