Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Via Alex Kennedy

The Atlanta Hawks will have a lot of money to spend next summer. This deal allows them to pursue Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

This should read and/or Chris Paul....not both

Oh of course, but I trust Henny to have this team improving, whether if it's a trade this offseason or shedding salary for next. I can handle being mediocre this year if it guarantees greatness next year.

I'm not sure there is anything that can even guarantee greatness though. Even the "best case scenario" of Josh Smith and Monta Ellis. I don't think that is a championship team either really. I have doubts about both of them being championship caliber players, and Dwight as well for that matter.

This should read and/or Chris Paul....not both

You sure about that? Because they can still amnesity Marvin Williams to clear even more.

I'm not sure there is anything that can even guarantee greatness though. Even the "best case scenario" of Josh Smith and Monta Ellis. I don't think that is a championship team either really. I have doubts about both of them being championship caliber players, and Dwight as well for that matter.

I don't really see a scenario where we could be in a better position to win though, than the best C in the league and cap space. Of course rebuilding through the draft but will any of those players be as good as Dwight anytime soon?

You sure about that? Because they can still amnesity Marvin Williams to clear even more.

Hmmm, forgot about the amnesty. I'm not a salary cap geek and don't even know where to find the figures for next year, so I may stand corrected

I don't really see a scenario where we could be in a better position to win though, than the best C in the league and cap space. Of course rebuilding through the draft but will any of those players be as good as Dwight anytime soon?

All these scenarios seem like complete long shots to me. We need a legit star to pair with Dwight if we're going to win a title. That isn't Smith or Monta, I don't think we'll end up with any of them anyways. Throw in the fact that Dwight can't be trusted, I'm not buying into this happy ever after with Dwight thing.

I also find it funny that the forum's opinion of Dwight has gone from hate and disgust to the beginning of forgiveness even though nothing involving Dwight himself has changed. Just that the team he liked the most is unlikely to get him, and they were unlikely to begin with. We'll see where this goes, but I've been over Dwight for some time now and I'm not going to start getting all excited over it even though nothing has really changed. If Dwight is to stay (which I'm at the point where I don't want him to), he'll have to do more than throw out a few meaningless statements and smiles to earn my trust. He has already shown to be a liar and flip flopper and has been burning bridges here left and right.

• Upvote 1