Babir_9

2012 Offseason

YBR, dude, you're being duped. Dwight is just telling you what you want to hear, and I don't like seeing you get used like this. However, if what Dwight said about not being consulted for choices on GM/Coach/Draft/what we should serve in the AmCent is true, please pass on this message:

YOU

ARE

JUST

A

BASKETBALL

PLAYER

!!!!

I'd appreciate it. Seriously. Dude's not management, he's a player. Kobe's not in the Lakers' office on draft night. Lebron/Wade aren't in the Heat's office discussing possible coaching changes. Durant isn't in the OKC offices looking at the rest of the NBA rosters trying to think of good players he could trade for without having to give up too much. Dwight wants to be management, tell him to go buy a team.

Now, what do we do with Dwight? Nothing. Absolutely no trades unless the names Lebron or Durant come up. Tell him to invest in a really good suit, then stick him at the end of the bench for the entire season. His contract comes off the books, we have a lottery pick, we have a good amount of cap space to be players in the FA market of '13, and the only teams Dwight can go to are those who have the cap space, which I don't think includes NJ. I see this as a chance for the NBA to finally get at least a little bit of control over its superstars, and not give in to demands just because Dwight says he wants to go to NJ. We are under no obligation to grant him his request.

• Upvote 3

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

NBAPA told him that he had no grounds and his only option was to ask for a trade or play out his contract...

Trying to sue the Magic for any reason would void his deal and cost him his remaining $19 million... and wouldn't get heard for maybe a year

Dwight reportedly told Rob Hennigan that he needed to trade him and that Brooklyn was the only team he'd consider a long term deal with.

The Magic have no obligation to trade Howard anywhere... 100% their decision on where he goes.

Sources say out of the blue without consulting anyone, Dwight called the NBAPA and asked if he could force his way out of Orlando...

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Seriously... his reputation is about to hit the drain... and he doesn't want to be disliked!

NBAPA told him that he had no grounds and his only option was to ask for a trade or play out his contract...

Trying to sue the Magic for any reason would void his deal and cost him his remaining $19 million... and wouldn't get heard for maybe a year

Dwight reportedly told Rob Hennigan that he needed to trade him and that Brooklyn was the only team he'd consider a long term deal with.

The Magic have no obligation to trade Howard anywhere... 100% their decision on where he goes.

facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1158.jpg

RT @ralphb07: ---> This was 100% Dwight's doing from the jump... they had a plan and Dwight deviated from it.

Expand

1m Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @ralphb07: Howard has bad people running his team. He's ruined his image big time ---> He did not listen to tham at all through this...

I'm gonna take the USMC approach to this:

"Won't believe it until I see it"

"sources" don't mean crap anymore and I haven't seen Dwight or the GM come out and confirm any of this. So I will wait to see what transpires, for all we know this could be another ploy from people who want Dwight in there city.