Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Of the 26 PGs on the market 19 were or are starters and and 8 have been allstars. The market for PGs this off-season is deep enough not to pay jameer what we did.

If someone wanted to over pay jameer let them. Why should we overpay, haven't we learned that lesson.

Let me clarify my stance, I like Jameer Nelson on this team, but not for that contract.

I also like Ryan Anderson on this team but I don't like him for $10M per season

If you're a season ticket holder then you should be embarrassed for your lack of understanding of the salary cap and how it works.

Just because you can go over the cap to sign him doesn't mean you don't have a price range. the cap might not matter right now, but you don't want to compromise future flexibilty just because you can spend more on him, especially if you go the rebuilding route.

Dallas is a mess right now. That roster is almost making the Bobcats look good.

No argument there: if I were Dirk, I'd be a little pissed.

Anybody else think if we hire Shaw as HC...he can have a real heart felt conversation with D12 about staying?

Lets be real if he goes to the Lakers it will not be his team, Nets can't offer him max money or better yet...were the best fans in the NBA. Why would he throw all that away?

Of the 26 PGs on the market 19 were or are starters and and 8 have been allstars. The market for PGs this off-season is deep enough not to pay jameer what we did.

If someone wanted to over pay jameer let them. Why should we overpay, haven't we learned that lesson.

Let me clarify my stance, I like Jameer Nelson on this team, but not for that contract.

Nelson brings more than stats to the team, though, and when he's not being undercut by his co-captain, he's pretty effective stat-wise, too. That said, I don't think we're done making moves.

Like a lot of people here, I've always thought 'Meer would be devastating coming off the bench.

Please provide names of players you would have liked Henny to go after besides Jameer.

Ohhh then and please tell me how we were going to able to afford them.

• Upvote 1

It's amazing how people ingnore the fact that Jameer very well could have said "LOL screw you guys", opted in, and made $8.6M annually. The guy took an annual paycut to stay here. For being a solid starter and more importantly the intangibles he brings to this team, I'm perfectly fine with his new contract and it's still trade friendly if need be.

At this point I'm convinced certain people just look for things to complain about.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Anybody else think if we hire Shaw as HC...he can have a real heart felt conversation with D12 about staying?

Lets be real if he goes to the Lakers it will not be his team, Nets can't offer him max money or better yet...were the best fans in the NBA. Why would he throw all that away?

It's possible

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Magic trying to get a wing in a 3 way with la moving gasol. Maybe some Iggy action or some young dudes from Houston. I'd love the Houston draft picks, but that's just me.

V7gUy.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

NO. Dwight said 100 times he wants traded!.. that means he doesn't want to be Orlando, please let the man go.

• Upvote 1