Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Are we going to keep Ryan? Nash (and Dwight) needs a stretch PF to be effective. If we're trading with LA, I'd like Gasol and Bynum for Ryno and Howard. With Gasol, I'd like me some Jeremy Lamb and Terrence Jones. Rack 'em!

Agree with that. Would rather Royce White than Ross though. Could start at SF.

He filled a role on our team, but his lack of scoring ability was a pretty big liability in some of the later playoff games. He was a good stopper, but did little else.

So does Thabo Sefolosha and Tony Allen suck?

The point is that every successful team has that kind of guy on their roster. Up until the Boston series Barnes was a fairly good perimeter defender and was "that guy".

For all those that say jameer deal is ok, what other team would have paid him that much or even near what the Magic gave him?

I would have offered 3 year and 12 mil at most and if he walked oh well. There are plenty of PGs that were on the market this off-season we would not have be forced to start Duhon

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We have no cap space and we signed Meer with Bird Rights so no, we couldn't have had Dragic.

So you agree with giving meer 21 mill? Let me hear you say that. You value him at 7 mill per year? Please tell me more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For all those that say jameer deal is ok, what other team would have paid him that much or even near what the Magic gave him?

I would have offered 3 year and 12 mil at most and if he walked oh well. There are plenty of PGs that were on the market this off-season we would not have be forced to start Duhon

Thank you. 3 years 12 mill I'd be fine with but I know for a fact there wasn't one other team in the NBA willing to give meer 21 mil over three years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you agree with giving meer 21 mill? Let me hear you say that. You value him at 7 mill per year? Please tell me more.

What part of NO CAP SPACE do you people not understand?

I'd love to hear more of whom you were going to sign with no cap space. Please tell me more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What were the alternative available to us? For a STARTING PG, which he will be most likely, 7 mil isn't too bad. Plus we don't know if the third year is an option or non guaranteed or something.

Thank you. 3 years 12 mill I'd be fine with but I know for a fact there wasn't one other team in the NBA willing to give meer 21 mil over three years.

Its actually 2yrs with the 3rd being an option (Team wise I believe)...

With Dallas missing out on DWill, Nash, Kidd, & Dragic, they currently have NO PG and am positive they would've made a play for Jameer. there was a rumor that they were interested in his services as a backup plan.

What part of NO CAP SPACE do you people not understand?

I'd love to hear more of whom you were going to sign with no cap space. Please tell me more.

For having no cap space why spend so much on meer? We over paid him just admit it. I don't know who else is out there in our price range but I refuse to believe that was the best we could come up with. Either way the money doesn't make since.

• Downvote 8

What were the alternative available to us? For a STARTING PG, which he will be most likely, 7 mil isn't too bad. Plus we don't know if the third year is an option or non guaranteed or something.

Just cause you start him doesn't mean he's a STARTING PG. If that's the case give me $20 mil and I'll run the show- I didn't know starting meant you had to be paid $7m

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

With Dallas missing out on DWill, Nash, Kidd, & Dragic, they currently have NO PG and am positive they would've made a play for Jameer. there was a rumor that they were interested in his services as a backup plan.

Exactly, as a backup PG. I would love meer as a backup. Starter? No thanks. I've seen enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1