Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Lol I guess if we had to move him and the clips included Blake if be open to it. I'm not even a big griffin fan but he's obviously fun to watch. I think the clips would offer something like Jordan/Bledsoe/Williams picks though and keep Blake. If that's the case I'd say no thanks lol If I was Dwight I would prefer cp3 over dwill anyday

Thing is Clippers think Griffin is 'the future' of LA and that 2nd package isn't enough. If I'm Dwight I may consider staying and getting Paul here, but that's just me. Not sure Clips are ready to give up a rising Griffin yet

Didn't Paul not like Del Negro? I saw a report last week saying if Del Negro was booted Mike Malone was the guy Paul liked for the job. Wonder if Orlando is smart enough to make a play like that.

make malone the coach? maybe after another year of del negro and a 1 round playoff exit cp3 will finally be willing to come home to orlando. fans have been wanting this guy for years

Didn't Paul not like Del Negro? I saw a report last week saying if Del Negro was booted Mike Malone was the guy Paul liked for the job. Wonder if Orlando is smart enough to make a play like that.

I don't think it was necessarily that he didn't like del negro. Sterling had to decide whether to pick up del negros option, I think Paul just felt that if he decided to decline it that he would prefer Malone. He has a history with Malone though, he was an assistant in new Orleans when he was there. They picked up Del Negros option though so I'm sure Paul was okay with him.

Well they will be bringing him back so Paul and him must get along well enough.

Del Negro to return as Clippers coach next season

Thing is Clippers think Griffin is 'the future' of LA and that 2nd package isn't enough. If I'm Dwight I may consider staying and getting Paul here, but that's just me. Not sure Clips are ready to give up a rising Griffin yet

Yeah I agree with you. Obviously can become a free agent after this year so I guess it would all depend on Dwight being willing to wait one more season to try to persuade Paul to come here. I guess it helps that we should have a lot more cap flexibility next summer to bring in a guy like Paul

griffin doesn't even come close to making the impact dwight does, cp3 needs to know hes playing with the wrong big man. the east is weak and dwight+cp3 is a lock for the ecf every year.

Think Dwight is patient enough to do that? Sounds like if he is a lot of very nice options could present themselves in Orlando.

If Blake signs his extension this summer the Clips are screwed. CP3 Bulter Griffin and Jordan would combine to make 50 plus mil and the have big holes to fill.

If Blake signs his extension this summer the Clips are screwed. CP3 Bulter Griffin and Jordan would combine to make 50 plus mil and the have big holes to fill.

thats terrible. those jordan and butler deals will hurt them

thats terrible. those jordan and butler deals will hurt them

The Jordan deal was horrible when the warriors offered but even worse is the clippers matched. Hopefully the magic don't make that same mistake with Anderson. He's a very nice player but if someone offers money like the warriors did Jordan you need to walk away.

If Griffin stays in LA (and Sterling loves loves loves him), we'll have more cap space than the clippers assuming we make all of the right moves with our cap situation for the next year (why I'd optimally like Donnie Walsh but that's not happening), Orlando becomes an attractive spot because players will make the same money here WITHOUT TAKING A MAX CONTRACT that they would with a max in LA or NYC.

Just saying. I really hope our new GM is patient and doesn't rush this Dwight decision. No point in doing so.