Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Its inaccurate. Just read the article. He says last weekend they decided to fire Stan and Otis. Otis wasn't let go until Monday when he decided to resign, not get fired by owners. Plus Dwight hasn't let Orlando know anything new

Exactly, Otis wasn't fired and Stan's decision had been made months ago (still stand by that).

There isn't a single thing Sheridan got correct in his piece. It's gross that CBS is even giving it attention. +1 to ESPiN for knowing what a BS artist Sheridan is.

Oh, and Sheridan's last job? Working for ESPiN New York.

I don't know why, but I'm pretty calm and relaxed now. I don't know why, maybe it's because I know Otis is gone and there's a search going on for a new GM and a new voice to be heard on the bench...

Some part of me believes we're headed in the right direction, but we're all so sceptical and expect the worst to happen.

I'm starting to think we might have a good outcome this time around.

Am I being blinded by homerism?

• Upvote 1

I don't know why, but I'm pretty calm and relaxed now. I don't know why, maybe it's because I know Otis is gone and there's a search going on for a new GM and a new voice to be heard on the bench...

Some part of me believes we're headed in the right direction, but we're all so sceptical and expect the worst to happen.

Nah I'm the same, I fully believe Dwight will stay.

• Upvote 2

+1... It was time for a change... When we hire the Pres of Basketball Ops and head coach, then we will really see

alex may not know much about basketball but he handled the stan and otis situation very well. he kept dwight out of the line of fire and saved face for the franchise. i like the spot we are in and where we are headed and i think dwight will buy in. GO MAGIC

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

i feel better about the situation regardless of dwight because hopefully we'll hire some competent people into this franchise with the stakes being so high. and whether he leaves or not we'll hopefully have legit front office staff now and hopefully a decent coach. so really i'm more worried about who our gm/prez will be and the coach and hope they handle dwight, stay or trade, the best way anyhow.

...I say that, but watch we'll hire foyle and d'antoni :svgsad:

How can anything have been decided regarding Dwight when the team doesn't even have a GM or coach? Moreover, there's nothing beyond hack journalists indicating anything concrete about whether Dwight's staying or leaving. I'd venture to guess it's 50/50 with the firing of SVG perhaps tipping the scales towards him staying at the moment.

and if we have a limo waiting outside the game to take Shaw to the airport we could have a GM by the time we all wake up! Not my 1st choice but definitely available.

If Shaw is targeted, more reasons for Dwight to stay. Shaw's a personal request by Dwight. Bring him on! I'll pay for that limo right now, where is it?